Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulmer’s first coordinators were coaches that became successful at UT. Cutcliffe and Chavis were position coaches that Fulmer promoted. I’m not sure how that’s a legendary staff. It’s not like Fulmer went and hired a bunch of coaching stars at other schools. Randy Sanders was a position coach, too. In 1995, he hired Pat Washington from Baylor and Steve Caldwell from Ole Miss. In 1994, he hired Dan Brooks from North Carolina.

That’s a fair point…fulmers coordinators flourished here and some went on to become head coaches elsewhere..nobody really knew them until they left here.they were young in their careers at that time.

AJ got screwed over with the allegations from Title 9. He did very well with the Broncos.

He did indeed…I loved watching him play because he was a old school run stopper..dude had a nose for the ball.he just knew where to be..I was never worried on a 3rd and short when he was here.

Reactions: gainesvol82

VFL! Congrats! Tony Vitello and Frank Anderson product!
IMG_1203.jpeg
From wiki:
As a true freshman at Tennessee in 2018, Crochet appeared in 17 games with 11 starts, posting a 5–6 record with a 5.51 ERA and 62 strikeouts.[8] In 2019, his sophomore year, he went 5–3 with a 4.02 ERA over 18 appearances (six starts), missing the SEC Tournament after suffering a broken jaw in his last regular season start.[9][10] After the season Crochet was invited to training camp for the United States Collegiate National Baseball Team,[11][12] and entered his junior season as a first team preseason All-American by Baseball America and on the watch list for the Golden Spikes Award.[13][14][15] Crochet missed the first three weeks of the season due to arm soreness,[16] then appeared in one game before the college baseball season was cut short due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The White Sox selected Crochet in the first round, with the 11th overall selection, in the 2020 Major League Baseball draft,[17] and he signed a contract on June 22, 2020, that included a $4,547,500 bonus.[18]

On September 18, 2020, Crochet became the first player from the 2020 MLB Draft class to be promoted to the major leagues. He is the 22nd player to go straight from the draft to the majors without playing in the minor leagues, and the first since Mike Leake in 2010

Last edited:
I
I’ve always wanted to ask this question to Fulmer Humpers (not saying you are) but if you take away his national championship win do you think he’s still a hall of fame coach? Or just a good coach?…I have always thought Fulmer was average but he was surrounded by a legendary staff that made him what he is
I mostly agree with your sentiments. I would say that you must give credit to Fulmer for his ability to get and keep a staff together. CJM, was a staff turnover machine. Also in his early years(say 6-8) he landed some high level talent.
To be honest CJH hasn’t done that yet but each year he’s getting better and better.👊🏻🍊

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Safe to assume that everyone who voted on the best television shows of all time was required to be at least 80 years old. Yes?
Maybe they could just re-survey using self-filtering questions, like...

1 - Best television show you ever watched on a black & white cathode ray tube?

2 - Best television show you ever watched on a color cathode ray tube?

3 - Best television show you ever watched via alien technology devised for mind control?

1720391616237.png

Agree or disagree...........

If Band Of Brothers is on a list, it's #1. Not as a complete series, but Season 1 of True Detective sits side by side with BOB. Mad Men and The Sopranos in behind those two. Game of Thrones that high is laughable, and I was a huge fan. Love Peaky Blinders, too; but, no way is it Top 10...and, Stranger Things has fallen off, imo. Succession, Mr. Robot, and It's Always Sunny... should be higher; and man!!! I wished they'd bring back Mindhunters.

Six Feet Under, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Americans, and The Leftovers not anywhere to be found is a travesty beyond measure, and made the entire list a waste of my time to look up and down it just once.

Edit: saw Curb and some others down around #50. All should be way higher.

Last edited:
If Band Of Brothers is on a list, it's #1. Not as a complete series, but Season 1 of True Detective sits side by side with BOB. Mad Men and The Sopranos in behind those two. Game of Thrones that high is laughable, and I was a huge fan. Love Peaky Blinders, too; but, no way is it Top 10...and, Stranger Things has fallen off, imo. Succession, Mr. Robot, and It's Always Sunny... should be higher; and man!!! I wished they'd bring back Mindhunters.

Six Feet Under, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Americans, and The Leftovers not anywhere to be found is a travesty beyond measure, and made the entire list a waste of my time to look up and down it just once.

Edit: saw Curb and some others down around #50. All should be way higher.
All time??? Man, think about what you're saying. There are some ground breaking shows. All in the Family, Hill Street Blues, The Fall Guy, Carol Burnette, Carson, SNL, Ed Sullivan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back