Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an eventful night last night in the Nash_Vol97 household. My 1 year old daughter was sitting in her high chair eating and my wife and I were off to the side checking one of our dogs for a tick. Our other dog was standing underneath the high chair waiting for accidental scraps of food that the she will inevitably drop.

Next thing we know the dog under the high chair made a skiddish movement and ran right towards us. Turns out my daughter vomited and it went all over the dog under the chair.. like I mean, ALL over the dog. I don’t think but just a few drops actually hit the floor because it was all covering my dogs back and head. And what does a dog do when they get wet/dirty.. yeah.. shake. There was vomit on everything.

Then came the task of trying to catch the dog who was running around trying to rub his face and back over the couch, rug, and whatever else he could find. Grabbing a dog who is covered in puke? Didn’t have that on my bingo card for the day. I hope it’s never on it again.

It was an eventful night last night in the Nash_Vol97 household. My 1 year old daughter was sitting in her high chair eating and my wife and I were off to the side checking one of our dogs for a tick. Our other dog was standing underneath the high chair waiting for accidental scraps of food that the she will inevitably drop.

Next thing we know the dog under the high chair made a skiddish movement and ran right towards us. Turns out my daughter vomited and it went all over the dog under the chair.. like I mean, ALL over the dog. I don’t think but just a few drops actually hit the floor because it was all covering my dogs back and head. And what does a dog do when they get wet/dirty.. yeah.. shake. There was vomit on everything.

Then came the task of trying to catch the dog who was running around trying to rub his face and back over the couch, rug, and whatever else he could find. Grabbing a dog who is covered in puke? Didn’t have that on my bingo card for the day. I hope it’s never on it again.
😂 Sounds like fond memories for later.

When I first started reading your post, I was worried that something happened to your daughter. I’m glad she’s okay and your dog took the brunt of it.

Lawrence Welk Show
60 Minutes
Miami Vice
Knight Rider

I do have a sentimental, nostalgic fondness for the Lawrence Welk Show.
It was really the only thing that my mother demanded to watch. With one television and 3 channels, 4 wIth UHF when the planets were in proper alignment, there wasn't much choice but to watch it with her.
Plus, those Champagne Ladies were beautiful.

An’ a-one, an’ a-two …

cl81yfrjl6w61.jpg

(That's only 9. What's your 10th selection? Is it the Beverly Hillbillies? Because I would like to add that to your list. It was just outside my top 10 but I would like to see it on somebody's list)
It would take me a while to create a top 10 since I haven't watched many network prime time TV shows the past 30 years, but Beverly Hillbillies and Green Acres will definitely be on it. Probably will go with The Bullwinkle Show since TV guide listed it. Taxi, Soap, Barney Miller and the Brady Bunch come to mind as shows I watched a lot.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Bronny was considered a future NBA player until he had a heart attack. Prob a gamble but I don’t think as big of one as many here believe. But who knows. Time will tell.
I don’t think that that is accurate… I wanted him here when it looked like there was a chance to get him so I decided to look him up.

1. He was much shorter than listed at 6’1.5
2. He was third or fourth best player on a non-elite travel ball team.
3. In High school… He averaged 14 ppg 2.5 Assists on a team that lost in the Regional by 12. In the Regional…. Bronny scored 10 points… Nothing about his history screams future NBA player. In comparison Reed Sheppard scored close to 4,000 points in his High School career.
4. If not for the James name… Bronny would have been a low to middle 3* at best.

Two caveats to this post:

1. Been on vacation. Only 19 min of screen time a day so I have been on here very little. If this has been discussed ad nauseam, apologies in advance.

2. Gaslighting is in the pantheon of obnoxious words and I’m about to use it.

Ahem.

This bronny James deal is the height of gaslighting. The Lakers know that kid is not an nba player. The competition knows he doesn’t belong. Everyone watching knows what’s happening. I wish the Lakers would just be honest and say they did LeBron a solid cause it would be cool to play with his kid. It is the most annoying sports thing I’ve ever seen.
The Lakers are out of their minds. They're letting an aging NBA star, far closer to the end of his career than the beginning, affect their decisions. He keeps burning through coaches, so who do they hire? His podcast partner whose only coaching experience is coaching little kids. They draft his kid, who thus far, doesn't look like he belongs in the NBA. They've been unable to sign any significant free agents to improve their roster. Other than Knecht, they basically have the same roster as last year, which wasn't good enough.

The Lakers front office is a big botch job. They keep making bad decision after bad decision to appease LeBum.

The Lakers are out of their minds. They're letting an aging NBA star, far closer to the end of his career than the beginning, affect their decisions. He keeps burning through coaches, so who do they hire? His podcast partner whose only coaching experience is coaching little kids. They draft his kid, who thus far, doesn't look like he belongs in the NBA. They've been unable to sign any significant free agents to improve their roster. Other than Knecht, they basically have the same roster as last year, which wasn't good enough.

The Lakers front office is a big botch job. They keep making bad decision after bad decision to appease LeBum.

But they did get Knecht.

@drvenner

Most bald people still own a comb.

They just can't part with it.
not-bad004.gif

Years from now it'll be a funny story you tell her dates to embarrass her.

Even though we now know he's a serial rapist, The Cosby Show was pretty significant in my youth.

As a kid, I loved watching reruns of Gilligan's Island and I Dream of Jeannie.

The Jeffersons was also a good show.

When ranking TV shows, probably need separate lists for sitcoms, dramas, and action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back