Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for posting this. I’ve always been a football forward fan from HS. (Thanks dad 🙂), but, the last few years got me interested in other UT sports. First with Basketball and then Baseball. WOW, that’s all I have except, after the multiple years where we were the brunt of jokes, we as fans stood in there and took it. Then we finally saw what we all knew, under Donde and Danny White, and lest we forget Randy Boyd (I still think he was the catalyst for jump starting our AD department). My old heart is enjoying this moment in time.

Shut up @Weezer. Enough already, you’re out of the will.

Thank you for posting this. I’ve always been a football forward fan from HS. (Thanks dad 🙂), but, the last few years got me interested in other UT sports. First with Basketball and then Baseball. WOW, that’s all I have except, after the multiple years where we were the brunt of jokes, we as fans stood in there and took it. Then we finally saw what we all knew, under Donde and Danny White, and lest we forget Randy Boyd (I still think he was the catalyst for jump starting our AD department). My old heart is enjoying this moment in time.

Shut up @Weezer. Enough already, you’re out of the will.
I second the Randy Boyd shoutout. It was huge having his term re-upped last year. There’s quality leadership at the helm focused on ALL aspects of our higher education systems. Tons of investments are happening in all our state institutions, including the TCAT facilities.

UT’s sports programs are just one benefit of a larger effort. And there’s stability. Times they are good.

View attachment 657496

Thoughts?

This is very tough for me. Love gangster...moreso, mafioso films.

I'd absolutely have to find room for Gomorra, Once Upon a Time in America, and maybe even A Bronx Tale. Personal top 10s.

Would, with a heavy heart, probably lower The Untouchables and Scarface (bit overrated compared to the cult following by college kids imo). And Carlito's Way to make room for A Bronx Tale.

City of God, The Irishman, Resorvoir Dogs with honorable mentions.
1. The Godfather Part II
2. Goodfellas
3. The Godfather

Then all the rest.

Y’all say a prayer for my family. My sister has two little girls (7 and 4). The 7 year old had a seizure when she was 3 and another one when she was 6. Now the 4 year old is heading to Vandy because she had one tonight. My sister is a mess. My sweet niece 🥹
Absolutely. Praying for peace you your whole sister’s family.

Holding your child while having a seizure and their lips turning blue is one of the most terrifying and helpless feelings. It happened to my oldest daughter when she was 2. The great thing is that their little bodies do that as a natural protective response. God has you all in His hands.

Y’all say a prayer for my family. My sister has two little girls (7 and 4). The 7 year old had a seizure when she was 3 and another one when she was 6. Now the 4 year old is heading to Vandy because she had one tonight. My sister is a mess. My sweet niece 🥹

🧡🧡🧡🧡 of course y’all have our prayers. Is it genetics? Either way, you and your family have our prayers. My son had seizures when he was a little over a year old, I won’t go into that ordeal. He got that from me. I only have them when I’m under a lot of stress and exhausted. I hope your niece is okay. Keep us posted, please.

anybody else go to other message boards just to see what opposing fans think of our team? Guilty pleasure of mine.
Anyway, there seems to be a misinformed consensus that we’re not gonna be good this year because apparently opposing fans think Nico wasn’t good enough to beat out Milton last year, lol. I’ve seen a bunch of Florida fans say this online. We might be the team to get Napier fired, folks. Wish they would keep him around honestly.

We'll be praying

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back