Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all say a prayer for my family. My sister has two little girls (7 and 4). The 7 year old had a seizure when she was 3 and another one when she was 6. Now the 4 year old is heading to Vandy because she had one tonight. My sister is a mess. My sweet niece 🥹
Praying, God has this situation

I don't think it's on all Catholics, but it is on the Vatican for actively covering it up. That makes them complicit.
Not even close to my point...I agree with that...

Go back and see what I was originally replying to...Devo basically took a 💩 on all Catholics.

Just because that guy was a jerk to those boys fishing doesn't erase any good he has done helping Haitians...and it sure as hell doesn't make him a pedophile.

It looks like Defending National Champions all over the field.

Think we'll be the pre-season favorites to win it all necksed year?
No..if we are the favorites..it is because people are dumb.

We are going to be a good team as long as Tony Voltello is our HC...so let's start there and see where it goes..

Fischer plays 1st base , still don't believe the 23 year old shows up. The guy that played at Niagara
He might..people were saying ge REALLY wants to play for Tennessee...so he may choose to do that and have a lifetime experience chasing a NC with TV, versus riding around in crappy busses playing for some podunk Double AA team next year.

I know I would....the nature of CBB has changed.

Go out to Point Reyes National Seashore..but research it a little so you know exactly what you want to see and do while there. You could go there and Muir Woods on the same day and have an awesome day to remember.
View attachment 657586View attachment 657587View attachment 657588View attachment 657589View attachment 657590View attachment 657591
If considering Point Reyes make sure you are ambulatory. Huge shock upon arrival with wife and problematic knees to see after climbing up a ramp based path incline to the ranger station at the peak, then it was about a million stair treads down to the lighthouse. Something about having to be below a fog line. Still pretty from a distance, but did not meet expectation. Caught more Muir Woods time on way back to Napa motel.

Last edited:

I wonder to what degree under-development of high school players in a school's home recruiting area might skew this data?

Theoretically, if you're recruiting guys who weren't developed well in high school, your college staff is going to show up well in the development category... whereas, the teams who bring in the top recruits are bringing in guys who have attained more of their fundamentals & skills ceiling (and often their physical development, as well).

I wonder, too, how the portal changes the collection and analysis of this data? Unlike HS additions, portal additions should elevate your team's median maturity, and function as a peer-coaching multiplier.

Also, I wonder how early enrollers are weighed in the development assessment?

These are the things one thinks when they're awake two hours early. Sleep would be better IMHO.

Happy Wednesday,

This one might have been for me, but I hope it helps you too.

July 10, 2024: When you get overwhelmed with all that needs to be done, quiet your soul and find a place of peace where you can take one thing at a time. Lean on Me, says the Lord, for direction and guidance. Refuse to allow fear of failure to engulf you. I am with you to show you the way. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

I wonder to what degree under-development of high school players in a school's home recruiting area might skew this data?

Theoretically, if you're recruiting guys who weren't developed well in high school, your college staff is going to show up well in the development category... whereas, the teams who bring in the top recruits are bringing in guys who have attained more of their fundamentals & skills ceiling (and often their physical development, as well).

I wonder, too, how the portal changes the collection and analysis of this data? Unlike HS additions, portal additions should elevate your team's median maturity, and function as a peer-coaching multiplier.

Also, I wonder how early enrollers are weighed in the development assessment?

These are the things one thinks when they're awake two hours early. Sleep would be better IMHO.
My only Huepel complaint is that we SOME times miss out on upper crust elite talent at some positions.

But listen, during the time of that list. We were in the desert. This AD, HC, and staff have made us competitive again. Landed number one QB, and have potentially number one draft pick in 2024.

I'm not concerned in the least. You're gonna lose some of upper crust bc its soo competitive.

Next thing to whine about please

He might..people were saying ge REALLY wants to play for Tennessee...so he may choose to do that and have a lifetime experience chasing a NC with TV, versus riding around in crappy busses playing for some podunk Double AA team next year.

I know I would....the nature of CBB has changed.
I agree.

Barring a draft pick surprise, he will be here because he wants to be here and TV wants him here. I doubt he was projected to be picked in the top 5 rounds after his evals. MLB teams go heavier on HS kids after the proven elite college players are drafted. I think he knows he needs to play well and have the SEC/Vols on his bio to be picked high enough.

There is a trend that is changing the drafting thought process with the closure of many MiLB orgs to use college ball instead. With it comes an acceptance the players will be older, but receive adequate development to keep the timelines for promotion to the bigs on schedule. They accept that the elite programs have high quality coaching staffs who can get them ready for pro. Name me a better staff than ours to get that done. There isn't one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back