Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just really sick of the bias that’s going against Tennessee. Earls is a good example commits to Georgia and jumps like crazy in the rankings George, Missed elite 11 and drops like he fell off a cliff. I get it Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, and Texas. Have won on the field, well only Texas recently has turned their program around. Look at all the people that dropped that has committed to Tennessee. George, JVD, and Jaden Perlotte(not committed yet but trending our way).
Outside of recruits that commit to the top 3 or 4 schools, commits are more than likely to drop than rise in the rankings. They need people to follow recruiting throughout the year to get clicks and make money. The way to do this is have more high ranked uncommitted players.

Now for George I don't think it's personally fair to him since he's the same player, but it's also expect that recruits who don't play the game are going to be more likely to suffer in the rankings. Would it be fair for a recruit who showed out in the Elite 11 to not move up when someone didn't even participate? What would be the point of the event? George is still a great talent, and chosing to not play the game of recruiting doesn't change his talent, but it will change what the talent evaluators will say.

Reactions: #1HomeGrownUTVOL
My only Huepel complaint is that we SOME times miss out on upper crust elite talent at some positions.

But listen, during the time of that list. We were in the desert. This AD, HC, and staff have made us competitive again. Landed number one QB, and have potentially number one draft pick in 2024.

I'm not concerned in the least. You're gonna lose some of upper crust bc its soo competitive.

Next thing to whine about please
None of the kids from this class have signed a letter of intent yet. A great season can stir up interest for your program. Also some high school seniors will go off and jump in the rankings every year. It is important that we show up well on the field. Beat teams like Oklahoma, Bama and Florida and it draws more interest from recruits and you might get some flips before signing day. Crazy thing is now you might get some flips after they sign too

Outside of recruits that commit to the top 3 or 4 schools, commits are more than likely to drop than rise in the rankings. They need people to follow recruiting throughout the year to get clicks and make money. The way to do this is have more high ranked uncommitted players.

Now for George I don't think it's personally fair to him since he's the same player, but it's also expect that recruits who don't play the game are going to be more likely to suffer in the rankings. Would it be fair for a recruit who showed out in the Elite 11 to not move up when someone didn't even participate? What would be the point of the event? George is still a great talent, and chosing to not play the game of recruiting doesn't change his talent, but it will change what the talent evaluators will say.
“Talent evaluators” don’t give them that much credit…

"Mariyon Dye is one of the freakier jumbo athletes in the 2025 cycle. Measured at 6'5, 268 with 35.5-inch arms"

How do they measure arms? It must not be the way they measure for clothing.

I'm barely 6' and in a dress shirt wear a 35" sleeve. For that they measure from your spine where your neck meets your shoulders, along the top of your shoulder and down on the outside of your arm toward your wrist to where you want the cuff to sit.

Are they saying his arms are 35.5" from his shoulder???

-------------------------------
OMGosh! I hope they didn't mean he has thirty-five .5-inch arms!
1720620467947.png

Last edited:
"Mariyon Dye is one of the freakier jumbo athletes in the 2025 cycle. Measured at 6'5, 268 with 35.5-inch arms"

I'm barely 6' and in a dress shirt wear a 35" sleeve. For that they measure from your spine where your neck meets your shoulders, along the top of your shoulder and down on the outside of your arm toward your wrist to where you want the cuff to sit.

Arm measurement. It's the new ankle twitch, or what eves we used to clown on.

Pythons brother!

View attachment 657627
Yes I believe it’s from the shoulders

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Arm measurement. It's the new ankle twitch, or what eves we used to clown on.
It’s far more objective than “fast twitch” or “physicality”. The lengthier you are the more space you can cover regardless of speed and strength. Speed or strength on their own are not a winning formula. Together they are. That said length is objectively something that can’t be taught or conditioned. Bama and uga have “long” been recruiting for length. Speed can be conditioned to an extent. Strength can be conditioned with weight training and diet control. Length can not.

It’s far more objective than “fast twitch” or “physicality”. The lengthier you are the more space you can cover regardless of speed and strength. Speed or strength on their own are not a winning formula. Together they are. That said length is objectively something that can’t be taught or conditioned. Bama and uga have “long” been recruiting for length. Speed can be conditioned to an extent. Strength can be conditioned with weight training and diet control. Length can not.
ankle flexibility

Last edited:
Reactions: vol_in_ga

View attachment 657627

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back