Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who had a recent job interview and they asked him if he was good at making and utilizing spreadsheets. He, of course, responded that he, Excels at it. If you are wondering if this is a Microsoft Office dad joke, the only reasonable response I can come up with is....
WORD.

I have a friend who had a recent job interview and they asked him if he was good at making and utilizing spreadsheets. He, of course, responded that he, Excels at it. If you are wondering if this is a Microsoft Office dad joke, the only reasonable response I can come up with is....
WORD.
Would have hired them on the spot

Reactions: drvenner
As far as the Braves go...That's just baseball, it doesn't make any sense just like us getting bounced out of the CWS when we had one of the greatest CBB teams of all time doesn't make any sense..so don't try to make sense of it.

It doesn't matter who the best team is, at this point every team is dangerous...and all that matters is who is the hottest over a very few days, unlike the marathon regular season when who is the best team is always obvious.

Consider the Braves of a few years ago that had no business winning it all...but they did.

That's just postseason baseball..🤷‍♂️

2016 florida was busting ear drums loud for me.

I’ve been to auburn, vandy and UGA. Barn & UGA were lousy as hell
2004 Wilhoit FG was the loudest single moment I have ever heard a stadium. For the game, I will say home against Oklahoma. I wasn't at the Bama game last year but it felt like that might win out.

2016 florida was busting ear drums loud for me.

I’ve been to auburn, vandy and UGA. Barn & UGA were lousy as hell
2016 Florida is the loudest I've experienced. Couldn't hear myself yelling loud. Excitement and relief had us in the stadium 30 min after the game.

Wish I could've been there for Bama last year

Been working from our loft quite a bit lately. Me having been very busy all morning and unable to take a break, the wife climbed the ladder and brought me coffee and a protein shake.

Wife: "We need a dumbwaiter."

Did I say, "I'll build one. Thank you so much, my love!"?

Nope.

"I have a dumbwaitress."

Doc, do you make house calls?

Last edited:
As far as the Braves go...That's just baseball, it doesn't make any sense just like us getting bounced out of the CWS when we had one of the greatest CBB teams of all time doesn't make any sense..so don't try to make sense of it.

It doesn't matter who the best team is, at this point every team is dangerous...and all that matters is who is the hottest over a very few days, unlike the marathon regular season when who is the best team is always obvious.

Consider the Braves of a few years ago that had no business winning it all...but they did.

That's just postseason baseball..🤷‍♂️
Yeah, being a baseball newbie and jumping in for the first SEC game (Ole Miss) in '21 and following the BaseVols pretty closely ever since, I recall all the old-timers (including you) warning us repeatedly that was the case during the awesome '21 season. I took it to heart -- or to mind -- and was not surprised completely how '21 ended or that '22 actually did better in the postseason.

I think we're going to win it all before too long. But I'm ready for surprises, good and bad.

P.S. Something like that will happen in football imo when they expand the playoffs starting next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back