Recruiting Football Talk VII

Anyone have recommendations for the OBX? My wife and I are mountain over beach people, but my daughter really wants to go to the beach, and OBX looks like a good compromise for us. Looking for somewhere moderate price wise, but not too crowded. Any tips appreciated.
Take the ferry out to Cape Lookout. Hopefully you'll see the wild horses that way, but consider a ferry to Shackleford Banks to see them.

Rent a house as a home base and try to see as many lighthouses as make sense for you and your time.

Go surf fishing. This is the mecca for that.

Visit Kitty Hawk

Yes, in fact. I love them. Like Bison or Elk burgers best.

I grew up in JC. The best burgers were arguably made by the Kalogeros'. Or, if you wanted to slap Steve Spurrier's brother five at the Horseshoe...good burger.

Gary has passed, but the Son's and Grandsons now run... View attachment 641200
Bacon, Gouda, and Fried Egg. Lettuce, tomato, and Red Lettuce. Little Mustard, ketchup.

View attachment 641201
However, best is 👆🏻 Gourmet and Company. Benton's bacon, cheddar, and garlic aioli.

Runner up is the Drunken Goat at Label.
View attachment 641204
These are not fast food or even fast casual burgers.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Pretty sure it's the first elite 8 in school history. Also Texas was the #2 overall.

Girls play tomorrow I think. They upset the undefeated #1 team in S16.
Nah, they made it to the semifinals in 2021 and 2022. Then lost in championship back in 2010. They have been pretty competitive overall, but the competition is tough and tennis is a weird sport.

2024 (Ranked 7): Lose to the #2 team, that hasn't lost since March 2. Closest match Texas had since then.
2023 (Ranked 8): Lose to #9 USCe. This was a hard one to stomach as we had beat them a month earlier 6-1
2022 (Ranked 6): Lost in the semi's to the eventual champion UVA. Similar story as this year in that UVA was hot and had only lost at an invitational event at the start of the season
2021 (Ranked 3): Lost in the semi's to Baylor. Would have played UF for a 3rd time in the season if we would have won. Lost to them in season and then beat UF in SEC championship.

Take the ferry out to Cape Lookout. Hopefully you'll see the wild horses that way, but consider a ferry to Shackleford Banks to see them.

Rent a house as a home base and try to see as many lighthouses as make sense for you and your time.

Visit Kitty Hawk
Wild horses would be great, rather see wild yeti though.

Reactions: DD4ME
Stayed at the Francis Marion last time I was in Charleston. It was pretty nice.
Here are the rentals for the Outer Banks. Seems fairly priced, considering what you're getting (private bedrooms, etc)

Visit Kitty Hawk
This pretty much hits the OBX high points

Ya, I agree. Freddy's competes (only place I know that uses beef fat for their fries instead of oil), but I'd still put Five Guys ahead. Everyone else beyond Freddy's isn't even close.
I love Freddy's too. Great burgers. I would love them more if their fries were not so tiny. I love the fries sauce but don't like the skinny fries, LOL.

And the crazy thing is that Portillos isn’t the best Italian Beef in Chicago and it’s really good. Italian beef is an amazing sandwich.

I even had one at Wrigleyville Dogs and it was amazing there too.
Dammit. I already googled and the closest Portillo's is 269 miles away in Indianapolis.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

VN Store

Back