Recruiting Football Talk VII

Hate when it does that. It's CKC talking to "50/50" Austin Price in the Vol Club.

She describes her offense. They try to get the ball across half-court in 2 bounces. Look for the home run off a long pass a lot. If it's not there, get it to the wing and drive. A lot of different press defenses. She wants to let the players play.

Last edited:
Meat served in aspic. Aspic is the congealed collagen-rich broth made from cooking different parts of animals. Drippings.

If you cook, say, a whole turkey breast or roast in a crock pot (which better retains the liquids), and save that broth afterward in the refrigerator, where the fat will rise to the top and harden, then remove the thin solid piece of fat, you will have a delicious meat broth in a jelly-like form on account of the high collagen content. You can spoon it on to meats. It warm it to make a rich broth or sauce.

Aspic, on the other hand, is served slightly chilled or at close to room temperature, so it is still a jelly-like. It's not merely the jelly-like consistency: the flavor is outstanding. Foods "in aspic" look like a slice or half-sphere of broth-colored jello with meat, fish, or sometimes vegetables inside (instead fruit, as in jello). Some people find that groce.

Some of the best New Orleans cooking includes a warm broth version of a like sauce that comes from cooking the heads of fish and/or shrimp as a key ingredient. Seafood stock. For example, you can't make authentic "barbecue" shrimp without head-on shrimp, for this reason. The fatty heads are full of flavor; it just has to be coaxed out. ("Barbecue" shimp is not barbecued, it's cooked in butter in an oven. Who knows how it got that name.)

A different, manufactured form of the same thing has largely replaced aspic in the US: gelatin. It is made into a powder by some chemical treatment of the same meat derived collagen). So dudes buzzing on gummies are munching on factory-derived animal collagens! It's the main ingredient in Jello (the reason the Jello gels) and a lot of jellies and preserves and what not use gelatin. A lot of things called "aspic" today are made by adding gelatin.

There is a new vegan imitation collagen. Guess what it's made from? Genetically modified yeast and bacteria. Go figure.
I remember now. Just sounded strange as "Meat Jelly" being a main dish, 😂

Reactions: Glitch and Orange.
Anyone have recommendations for the OBX? My wife and I are mountain over beach people, but my daughter really wants to go to the beach, and OBX looks like a good compromise for us. Looking for somewhere moderate price wise, but not too crowded. Any tips appreciated.
If you're going from Tennessee, you can stay a night or two in the Smokies and then head to the beach for a combo vacay. We did that once when I was a kid, and I still remember it fondly. We saw some bears.

Anymore, most fast food is neither fast, good, nor cheap. Basically, fast food used to have exactly one thing going for it. It was fast. Now, they don't even have that going for them, at least in the Chattanooga area. I don't see how they miss that need in their business model.
Because they can get away with it. As a society we allow it. Even if it isn’t “as convenient” or fast as it used to be, it’s still easier than cooking a meal. So we keep allowing it, no matter how inefficiently they are run, how poor the food is, or how ridiculously overpriced it has become, we still support it.

Good luck. Last tip I use is to check vrbo. They have condos, houses, etc. Not saying don't use another site, but it gives a good cross section. Whoever suggested Folly that is a great place to start for OBX. Lastly, don't go to Myrtle unless you want Pigeon Forge with seagulls.
They have a daughter. Sometimes, often times as adults we do things we wouldnt normally do. Or, get to do for that matter.

Beaufort SC is nice also.

Reactions: DD4ME and COOKEVOL
I did. It's a very popular, safe app. Lots of people using it. If you don't want that one, try "Da Vinci Resolve". It's a little harder to use, but is up there with some heavy-weights when it comes to non-linear editors. It's free too.
"The Agency’s Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) was notified by the Security Operations Center (SOC) of a unauthorized software loaded on your system. The software is CapCut that is associated with ByteDance (TikTok company) that is a federally banned software. The software wasn’t listed as successfully completing the Covered Article & Technology Supply Chain Assessment (CATSCAN). This process is necessary and critical to protecting assets and data.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Because they can get away with it. As a society we allow it. Even if it isn’t “as convenient” or fast as it used to be, it’s still easier than cooking a meal. So we keep allowing it, no matter how inefficiently they are run, how poor the food is, or how ridiculously overpriced it has become, we still support it.
Not me. I've literally called a Hardees from the drive-through line, asked to speak to the manager and told them, "Look out the drive through window and you'll see me getting out of line and leaving. I've literally been in this line for 15 minutes and still haven't gotten to the window yet. Your business model is speed. You are fast food. You aren't healthy, cheap or tasty. When you become slow, you have exactly no benefit in my life."

When I got out of line, four cars behind me joined.

You're right. We as a culture enable it. But I'm not.

Note: IMHO, calling that manager and warning him about that was a kindness. He could take that to heart, make changes, and thrive.

"The Agency’s Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) was notified by the Security Operations Center (SOC) of a unauthorized software loaded on your system. The software is CapCut that is associated with ByteDance (TikTok company) that is a federally banned software. The software wasn’t listed as successfully completing the Covered Article & Technology Supply Chain Assessment (CATSCAN). This process is necessary and critical to protecting assets and data.
Strange. Wonder why everyone can still download capcut and tiktok if it's banned? Usually banned apps aren't avaipable in the Play Store.

Reactions: screenthis
Why are you installing rogue software on corp/gov't computer? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Strange. Wonder why everyone can still download capcut and tiktok if it's banned? Usually banned apps aren't avaipable in the Play Store.
That sounds like a message from their job. probably a corporate or government policy for the computers they own, and that connect to their networks.

Oh, I see. It's not banned completely, just banned on government devices.

That sounds like a message from their job. probably a corporate or government policy for the computers they own, and that connect to their networks.
It is. It's banned for use on government devices.

United States. Congress and the armed forces have banned TikTok from all of their employees' devices. Approximately half of all states ban the app on state-owned devices, and the Federal government similarly banned the app from employees' devices in March 2023.

VN Store

Back