Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Nobody can be a good nfl qb on a horrific team. The Browns proved that like a dozen times in the early 2000s. There's no way all those top qb picks were bad QB, they just couldn't overcome their bad team.

Qb savior syndrome is still alive and well in the NFL. Build a good team, then draft your qb and he'll look a lot better than if you draft a good qb and put him on a bad team.
Your top QB ever saved a terrible Colts franchise. Bengals. Joe Burrow. Come on man

Titans should go hard after Hendon Hooker, Goff is set at QB for Lions next 4 seasons. Maybe give the Lions a 3rd round pick for Hooker and throw in Rudolph. Keep Levis to be QB2.
That’s what’s so annoying. We could have just gotten Hooker in the 3rd round, but we moved up from 3rd to 2nd to pick Levis. So so dumb

New AP poll got it right with us at #7. Coaches got it wrong. How the hell are Oregon and Penn State still ranked ahead of us? Oregon scraped by an unranked Boise State, and Penn State escaped an upset by Bowling Green. Meanwhile, we pounded a ranked team. The assistants who fill out the ballots for coaches are idiots.
Agreed. I feel UT should be ahead of Mizzou as well. They’ve played no one. At least UT has a ranked win.

Your top QB ever saved a terrible Colts franchise. Bengals. Joe Burrow. Come on man
Peyton didn't walk into a terrible team. Yes the franchise had been bad for a while, but they stocked up before he got there. He was one of a few missing pieces. He's even said how he walked into an ideal situation with coach and OL and skill players.

And Burrow had chase, Higgins, Perine, and mixon. You can't tell me he had no pieces around him. Yes his OL was bad, which is why they fell short, but he didn't walk into a trash team like BY.

Feel good about him leading the team until ‘28? As a non - Cowboy fan (don’t really have an NFL team per se) I like Dak. Prob stems from enjoying watching him in college tho
Not sure they had any choice. You won’t get a better QB in a trade, and a rookie would be starting over. He just needs to fix his postseason play. But the entire team hasn’t played well in the postseason either.

Titans should go hard after Hendon Hooker, Goff is set at QB for Lions next 4 seasons. Maybe give the Lions a 3rd round pick for Hooker and throw in Rudolph. Keep Levis to be QB2.
I am still upset over that one. Hendon in this Cally O scheme would be magic. He's has much better situational awareness, mobility, better touch on the long pass. He protects the football, unlike that idgit.

VN Store

Back