Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I find it wild people saying Nico had a mehdiocre game. Not that he's without critique by any means, but C- grades...lol.

Dude threw it only 23 times for 211 yards...9.2 ypa. 8 rushes for 65 yds...8.1 ypc.

Combined 8.9 YPP. HH in 2022 averaged 7.6 YPP vs P5 opponents, as a seasoned vet during the best QB season in Vol history.

And for anyone saying 2 picks, get your head examined. On the pick 6 his arm was hit, it was on a blocker, not him. Even the commentators pointed that one out. 3 TDs and 1 turnover on him, all vs a projected really good defense in his third start ever 😆😅🤣

Last edited:
I find it wild people saying Nico had a mehdiocre game.

Dude threw it only 23 times for 211 yards...9.2 ypa. 8 rushes for 65 yds.. 8.1 ypa.

Combined 8.9 YPP. HH in 2022 averaged 7.6 YPP vs P5 opponents.

And for anyone saying 2 picks, get your head examined. On the pick 6 his arm was hit, it was on a blocker. Even the commentators pointed that one out. 3 TDs and 1 turnover on him.
The point is that it looked mediocre and he can play a much better game, watch out.

This Conor Stallions Netflix doc is interesting.

I don’t hate the guy for what he did. I would do it too for the vols if I had the capability 🤷🏻‍♂️

Of course you would. My guess is 95 out of 100 fans on this board would do the same if it meant increasing our chances of winning. Now, we don’t like to admit it though. We may have been screwed as part of it but deep down we know we’d steal signs from the Gators or sneak around the Bama sideline to prep for a game against Saban. College football has always been about pushing up to and over that line.

Reactions: mrMet
Is that right? . . NC State was 3/3 on third downs on the 1st drive, but never made another 3rd down conversion all game?

That first drive went well for them. As it was happening I just assumed it was all scripted and looked forward to what they would do once the game was really underway.

I find it wild people saying Nico had a mehdiocre game. Not that he's without critique by any means, but C- grades...lol.

Dude threw it only 23 times for 211 yards...9.2 ypa. 8 rushes for 65 yds...8.1 ypc.

Combined 8.9 YPP. HH in 2022 averaged 7.6 YPP vs P5 opponents, as a seasoned vet during the best QB season in Vol history.

And for anyone saying 2 picks, get your head examined. On the pick 6 his arm was hit, it was on a blocker, not him. Even the commentators pointed that one out. 3 TDs and 1 turnover on him, all vs a projected really good defense in his third start ever 😆😅🤣
That goes to show high our expectations have risen.

It's a good thing

Right, but Burrow was injured about half of his first season. They were amazing the next year when he had all those weapons, including Chase.
I was just making that note.

Some franchises are poorly run, but I think it has to alot to do with coaching. Kevin Stafanski has gotten the Browns to the playoffs more than once. The OL is big for young QB’s. Jerry Jones may be crazy, but they put an emphasis on the OL years ago, and that helped Dak early on.

That first drive went well for them. As it was happening I just assumed it was all scripted and looked forward to what they would do once the game was really underway.
Remember DeBord's awesome opening scripted drives? Then the offense was basically: "Josh Dobbs improvises and does Josh Dobbs things"

I was just making that note.

Some franchises are poorly run, but I think it has to alot to do with coaching. Kevin Stafanski has gotten the Browns to the playoffs more than once. The OL is big for young QB’s. Jerry Jones may be crazy, but they put an emphasis on the OL years ago, and that helped Dak early on.
Agreed. I think Dak got too much money for that reason. That OL made him look better than he actually is. Not that he's bad, but not top QB good.

The point is that it looked mediocre and he can play a much better game, watch out.
Not sure what people saw. He completed 70% of passes and 1 miss easily could've been a long TD and another was a clear drop too. A third was the hit arm pick 6. That leaves the one bad pick and 2 other misses allll game 😆

Looked really good to me. Guess I missed the mediocrity. Just me. Not perfect, but mediocre is laughable imo. Dude ran with free abandon and shot freakin darts all night.

I get the optimistic angle you're getting at btw, but can't get over the adjective being thrown around.

I do..it is taking away from the curb-stomping that they administered. It is stupid nitpicking and it aggravates the piss out of me.

And that is exactly what Heup and Nico are always going to say, they are wired to be perfectionists like that...thank goodness.

Hanging 44 and 460 on a sound defense is never pedestrian..and too say that is ridiculous.
And, to add to the 44 & 460, we did that from an offense that we don't normally run. We adjusted into an O (12 personnel) that could better combat the 3-3-5. Yes, we probably worked on it for a couple of weeks, but still...to go with something that is not your normal functioning, and still dominant like that!! We're so used to seeing long TDs to WRs that are spread out into the stands, or long runs by the RBs...we took what they gave us last night, went 2 TEs, and just bludgeoned them to death. They had no answer, whatsoever.

Also, add on the TD that was taken away by a screw job, we look EVEN MORE unbelievable!

Not sure what people saw. He completed 70% of passes and 1 miss easily could've been a long TD and another was a clear drop too. A third was the hit arm pick 6. That leaves the one bad pick and 2 other misses allll game 😆

Looked really good to me. Guess I missed the mediocrity. Just me. Not perfect, but mediocre is laughable imo. Dude ran with free abandon and shot freakin darts all night.

I get the optimistic angle you're getting at btw, but can't get over the adjective being thrown around.
Basically everyone who watched the game could see the offense wasn't as potent as it could be. You could see, even with those numbers, he had a lot more to offer.

VN Store

Back