Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I think fans have been tricked by the people selling his "potential". They've glossed over his mistakes and pumped his success and potential. He hasn't gotten any better and people are starting to realize they were sold a lemon.
Insert gif of Levi's picking his nose and chowing down.

predicating a top ten defense…. Who are we going to fire now?

Originally thought OU would be a tough game. No longer believe that. Vols win 34-13.

Young signal caller Jackson Arnold was sacked three times for a second straight week, following Temple's impressive Week 1 performance against OU's front, and struggled mightily as a result by completing just 19 of his 32 pass attempts for 174 yards. Oklahoma averaged a paltry 2.6 yards per carry. This against a Houston defensive front that allowed 195 yards rushing against UNLVa week ago.

Peyton didn't walk into a terrible team. Yes the franchise had been bad for a while, but they stocked up before he got there. He was one of a few missing pieces. He's even said how he walked into an ideal situation with coach and OL and skill players.

And Burrow had chase, Higgins, Perine, and mixon. You can't tell me he had no pieces around him. Yes his OL was bad, which is why they fell short, but he didn't walk into a trash team like BY.
Chase was selected a year after Burrow. Higgins was drafted the same year.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Seeing some highlights of some teams I think there are 5 teams that have the offense and defense to win a playoff game.

Tejas
UGA
OSU
Vols
Ole Miss
To be fair, this time last year Michigan and Washington had skated by a couple of meh opponents and were ranked 11th and 19th respectively. Long ways to go! Hopefully plenty of madness to ensue lol

When the Titans came to town, all Tennessee football fans embraced them without abandon. We just knew the ownership would do things to link up with the largest fan base in the state: Vol football fans.

Fast forward 25 years.

What Vols have been high draft picks for the titans? Albert “head stomp” Haynesworth is all that comes to mind. Made a feigned play at Peyton. Signed a washed up Pickens. Signed a couple VFL’s as UDFA’s. Had Dobbs for a cup of coffee.

What has the franchise done to partner with the university for basically anything? Nothing jumps to the front of my mind.

In fact, it almost seems like they go out of their way to NOT draft or sign VFL’s. Coulda had Trey or Hendon, and that’s just in the past couple drafts.

So for anyone who bags on Mayo Boy or Titans leadership, this is what we’re enduring. Don’t hate on us for saying “we told you he sucked.” This is about the most DISengaging a pro franchise could be to what potentially could be their most loyal, strongest segment of the fan base.

Screw Titans leadership. I’m out til they show they care.

When the Titans came to town, all Tennessee football fans embraced them without abandon. We just knew the ownership would do things to link up with the largest fan base in the state: Vol football fans.

Fast forward 25 years.

What Vols have been high draft picks for the titans? Albert “head stomp” Haynesworth is all that comes to mind. Made a feigned play at Peyton. Signed a washed up Pickens. Signed a couple VFL’s as UDFA’s. Had Dobbs for a cup of coffee.

What has the franchise done to partner with the university for basically anything? Nothing jumps to the front of my mind.

In fact, it almost seems like they go out of their way to NOT draft or sign VFL’s. Coulda had Trey or Hendon, and that’s just in the past couple drafts.

So for anyone who bags on Mayo Boy or Titans leadership, this is what we’re enduring. Don’t hate on us for saying “we told you he sucked.” This is about the most DISengaging a pro franchise could be to what potentially could be their most loyal, strongest segment of the fan base.

Thinking an NFL team should draft guys that play college in the same state is pretty wild

Originally thought OU would be a tough game. No longer believe that. Vols win 34-13.

Young signal caller Jackson Arnold was sacked three times for a second straight week, following Temple's impressive Week 1 performance against OU's front, and struggled mightily as a result by completing just 19 of his 32 pass attempts for 174 yards. Oklahoma averaged a paltry 2.6 yards per carry. This against a Houston defensive front that allowed 195 yards rushing against UNLVa week ago.
Heupel is gonna John Wick OU

I can’t wait to watch

I’ve more excited to watch the D-Line this year than Nico

Fast forward 25 years.

What's concerning is making poor draft choices. I don't expect the Titans to exclusively draft Tennessee Vols, but they need to make better draft choices. And yes, I know that was the previous GM, but the new GM hasn't impressed me yet.

Fast forward 25 years.

That is a terrible argument. Since moving to Nashville, the Titans have drafted more Vols than any other team in the NFL.

Heupel has built the exact defense his high octane offense needs to be successful

Deep and talented, able to handle those occasional 30 second three-and-outs

It truly is amazing to watch
"What defensive player would want to play opposite an offense like this?" 😂

"Our defense will never be elite, it's the nature of having this offensive scheme!" 😂

😂

VN Store

Back