Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Ah. . . the "vanilla" strategy. . . i used to pray we were just being vanilla and waiting to open it up against better teams. . .

. . . I am not sure I have ever seen a team actually use the "vanilla" strategy. . . it's always just a final hope from the fans that the team isnt as bad as they've looked. . . when someone claims the vanilla strategy, it's almost a certainty that their team just isn't that good.

we're gonna go snap them into reality. They'll be ready to fire everyone by halftime.

How far downfield can a lineman be on a pass in college football?

In college football, the NCAA allows ineligible receivers a maximum of 3 yards.

at 7 seconds in the video, one lineman was at the 45 other at the 46, line of scrimmage 43.

Ehhhh I didn't like the call, but he had one foot at 3 yards and one foot at almost 4 yards beyond the LOS. I thought it was a petty call, but the fact that there was a DB in the vicinity trying to cover receivers probably prompted the call. It DEFINITELY wasn't a phantom call. It may have been a picky call and maybe even wrong by a foot or two, but it wasn't completely baseless and made up. OL should know better not to even get close. I think it was just barely a wrong call, but it was very very close.

Another thing to consider is he threw the flag right away, so I'm wondering if the OL had already gone more than 3 yards earlier, but it's off camera and he was just waiting for a pass to throw a flag. We can't see what happened before the throw because the camera is so far back from the LOS where the OL in question were. If the OL goes to 5 yards then comes back to 3 yards before the pass is thrown, it's still a penalty.

All in all, very close. Would need a wider angle to say for sure if it were wrong, but even if it was a bad call, it was super close.
yards.PNG

Colorado has sold their soul for a 5-9 coach.
"Yeah...but he brings eyeballs, and it doesn't matter if you are only getting eyeballs because you are one of those stupid people that thinks they are great and awesome, but really people just watch because everybody likes to watch narcissistic idiots make utter fools out of themselves..because..

Eyeballs!"

Keenan Pili's personal foul flag. I could've killed him at the time. Other than that, he played a hell of a game.
He looked like he could kill himself...he looked like he was totally shocked that he had just reflexed like that..lol..you could see it in his eyes before they even threw the flag.

"They got into bigger personnel, something they haven’t done a lot on film," said Doeren. "There was a lot of 12 personnel, two tight ends, one back tonight with their offense. And so, you know, credit them for changing up. Because if you watch them, most of their formations you’re going to see are four wides and one tight end formations."
NC State HC Dave Doeren explains how Josh Heupel and Tennessee surprised his team in blowout loss to Vols

Most versatile offensive playbook in football

We’d be better of scrimmaging ourselves. I do t know why we schedule such crap teams. This is not going to help us prep for Oklahoma. In fact, it may be counterproductive
benefit is that we may be playing most of our starters for a half then benching them and getting their backups more reps. meanwhile Ok is playing Tulane that may very well give them a real game. I bet we're up by 40 at the half getting even the 3rd team some reps. Anybody even slightly questionable sits out and gets another week to heal.

benefit is that we may be playing most of our starters for a half then benching them and getting their backups more reps. meanwhile Ok is playing Tulane that may very well give them a real game. I bet we're up by 40 at the half getting even the 3rd team some reps. Anybody even slightly questionable sits out and gets another week to heal.
I'm not sure we've opened the playbook up, even against NCSU. Okey Dokeys...? They'll show more film than us?

50-yard pass, flick of the wrist.
He turned on a absolute dime, while running hard to his left and got his feet planted sooo fast, and quickly chucked that accurate missle, which is brutally hard for a right handed QB...hell just throwing up a decent wounded duck in that situation would have been really hard for most righties..

VN Store

Back