Recruiting Football Talk VIII

You think he was just trying to limit the butt-whoopin'? I think he knew they were cooked before kick-off and wanted to try to keep it within 7-14pts and have a punchers shot at the end. That's how it seemed anyway.

I was a little worried during their first drive. They were eating up the clock and getting 1st downs. I'm glad they couldn't keep that going.
As big a worry wart as I am...during that 1st drive I was thinking...we are about to kill these fools. They were getting those 1sts, but if you could really see what was happening instead of just on those results, you could tell that our defense was all over them...they were obviously struggling mightily, and we were flying everywhere.

I took a closer look at the ineligible receiver flag...the video should link exactly to the moment of the replay

The rules define ineligible receiver downfield only 3 yards beyond from the neutral zone ONLY UNTIL the ball is thrown
Ineligible Receiver Downfield
ARTICLE 10. No originally ineligible receiver shall be or have been more than three yards beyond the neutral zone until a passer throws a legal forward pass that crosses the neutral zone. A player is in violation of this rule if any part of their body is beyond the three-yard limit. (Exception: If the passer is legally throwing the ball away and the ball lands near or beyond the sideline.) (A.R. 7-3-10-I and -III).
The ref announced it was on Davis, but he was behind the 45 when Nico threw it. Mays was at about the 46.5 or 47 and did a little jump back towards the LOS when he realized how far out he was. Neither should've been called at that point.

If they called it on Davis, then it wasn't until his 2nd attempted block on the defender at about the 48. This was after the defender got up from the first ragdolling he was served....But either Dayne didn't even engage the 2nd block or he missed. Either way the ball was long in the air by that point, so it shouldn't have been called.

either way - refs screwed it up. Glad we still scored.

went to Soaky Mountain yesterday for the boys 5th bday. here are some takeaways.

1. The largest of fannies feel compelled to wear the scantest of bikinis. this is not a turn on ladies. I’m glad you’re happy with your body, my 8 & 10 year old didn’t need to see your ass dimples.

2. Mandals galore 👀 @nicksjuzunk @Glitch you’d have crushed it!

3. I am comfortable saying I don’t like water rides.

4. the future is ****ed, unless you own a tattoo shop

Tenn_Tiger, if you fix your premises, you’ll discover that it’s actually very easy to understand.

“How in the [heck] is a [brilliant offensive play-caller and QB developer] like Josh Heupel getting all of these elite QBs to come to [beautiful, vibrant, college sports paradise] Knoxville, when [cow college] Auburn [and their con man football coach] can’t even get one elite QB? Wait, that actually makes perfect sense.”

Last edited:
Could use a little help. I'm going to the game at Vandy this this year. Never been to game there. I've already got my tickets, but I was curious about the parking. Is a parking pass necessary?

Georgia fans are struggling hard with us being a good football team. “It was a close game until the pick 6”, uhm do we take out pick 6’s and scoop and scores out of the game? If so that erases the Kirby era smh
Their game against Clemson was close for a half.

VN Store

Back