Recruiting Football Talk VIII

My Pappaw used to say that, but he just added more to it, he said it like this.."Hard times make hard people, those hard people make soft times, which make soft people, and those soft people make hard times and on and on and on"

He used to tell me we were in for a bad fall down the road..but I didn't really believe it would happen so soon.
sage advice

Everytime a new iPhone upgrade comes and goes I am more.grateful of my decision to escape that eco-system a decade ago. I had given them a small fortune even back then. I respect the game, but glad not to be playing it.

Please don't @ me phone, ipad, mac book, earbud, watch, airplay, subscribers...
Apple is the evil empire. I have never been a member of their cult. I am no authoritarian State so I allow my wife and daughter to make that mistake. But they will never drag me down with them. Hopefully like those people that escape Scientology my wife and daughter will one day recognize their mistake.

I've had he same issue with T-Mobile. When Sprint was still around and I got my 13 Pro I was supposed to have lifetime $800 trade in value on my device. Went round and round with T-Mobile because on their site I was able to pre-order the Pro Max for only $8 a month (the site gave me $1000 for my 13 Pro). I thought "that's an even better deal", so I bit. Looked at the confirmation email and it said it was going to be $50 a month. Contacted them to see if that was until they received my trade in. I was told that actually I had to upgrade my plan to the most expensive plan they offer. I currently pay $135 for three lines and said I was not paying the $255 per month that plan upgrade would cost. They are currently offering new customers the next plan down for $150 ($180 for the most expensive plan) and would be upgrade every two, which is fine because I don't care about upgrading every year. However, they would not give me that deal because I am not a new customer. They then offered my $300 trade in, which I declined and told them to cancel my order. They are going to call me tomorrow. I told them the only two options I would accept would be the $800 trade in value promised, or the plan at the new customer price. We'll see. My view is if you can offer a deal to new customers you sure as hell should offer it to old customers who have been loyal.
It should be criminal. Crooks.

Two sided sword for James Pearce with the early great showing by the defense. Impressive wins vs reactionary mock draft slippage. I think when he’s needed for the whole game, his stats will explode.
What if he isn't ever needed for a whole game? Huh?

@VolsDoc81TX

Hard years make hard fans. Hard fans make good times. Good times make soft fans. Soft fans make hard years.

we are the hard fans

take us to the good times, Nico
^^^TruthScreenshot_20240909_204122_Messages.jpg
We've earned everything that's coming to us now and over the next few years. Enjoy this ride, brothers and sisters. We are in the golden age of TENNESSEE athletics and it's happening across all sports at the same time.

GO VOLS

Two sided sword for James Pearce with the early great showing by the defense. Impressive wins vs reactionary mock draft slippage. I think when he’s needed for the whole game, his stats will explode.
Yep, bet he still finishes with 8-12 sacks depending on how many games we play

I knew Alcoa was a wagon of a program, but I didn’t realize they have won the title all but 3 years since 2004. Holy moly
Tbf they're like 3A or something. Heck of a program for their size tho, no doubt.

Believe they're top 15 in the entire state rn, all classes.

Reactions: mrMet
I don't understand how NFL "draft experts" would hold that against him...it actually should work in favor for the team that drafts him...I mean it is just so much less wear and tear than a player would normally get.

If you watch just him...nothing has changed except he has added a devastating spin move that is freaking mind boggling...if anything he is even more disruptive.

I've seen him a few times already, just in the very little that he has been on the field just absolutely wreck his blocker or blockers...he has just missed a few sacks.
With the potential of a 16 game season, this is by design.

VN Store

Back