Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I needed this one.
August 2, 2024: To those who feel like you have been run through the mill in recent days and months, you are entering a season of restoration. It will seem to be slow at first, but then there will be a rapid progression of healing physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. In the meantime, take your rest. Isaiah 58:8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
This is unbelievably right on point for me. God is good. Thank you.

And yet Allen has outperformed him statistically since 2020. Mahomes And Josh Allen Total Yards And Total Tds Since 2020 | StatMuse

Stop using team accomplishments to measure individual players. Mahomes has had the better teammates and luck. But in terms of actual on field production Josh Allen has been the best player in the NFL since 2020. And in terms of eye test he's the greatest QB of all-time because nobody has ever dominated the game running and passing the way he has.

Did you even look at the stats?

The link you shared shows that since 2020 Mahomes has more passing yards, more total yards, more passing ypg, more TDs, less INTs, a better completion %, a better QB rating, more yards per completion.

And an MVP.

And on top of that has won multiple super bowls during that timespan.

Josh Allen is bigger and stronger than Mahomes. Josh Allen has better arm talent than Mahomes. Josh Allen is faster and more athletic than Mahomes. There's literally not a single trait that Mahomes has on Allen.

Josh Allen is the greatest talent we've ever seen at the QB position. At some point luck will even out and the more talented player will win.
The biggest difference between Mahomes and Allen is between the ears. Allen has a lot of brain farts. There is more to being a great qb than physical tools.

Random thought:

I think the 25 cap on recruits put an end to the buddy scholarship we used to see teams give out in order to get a top player. Like when we took D Rogers’ QB from high school.

With the 25 cap gone and 105 total scholarships, I think the buddy offer becomes a thing again

For those having trouble sleeping, as do I, my wife has had me taking a magnesium supplement about 1-2 hours before bed time. It seems to help me.

I tried melatonin but it messes with me, even the next day.

I may have to try that. There's one thing that puts me to sleep quickly, but my wife won't cooperate. 😀

For those having trouble sleeping, as do I, my wife has had me taking a magnesium supplement about 1-2 hours before bed time. It seems to help me.

I tried melatonin but it messes with me, even the next day.
Just take a double dose of benadryl about 2 hours before bedtime. The only downside is Alzheimer's at a later date.

VN Store

Back