Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I’m meaning college fanbases

I posted the other day of what I found trying to google NFL franchises cobranding with state colleges and there wasn’t much I could find in general. I searched Cleveland/ohio st, rams/usc ucla, Seahawks/washington, dolphins/hurricanes, etc
I agree most don't. TN is unique in a lot of ways though. Huge fan base in the vols, only nfl in the state. Not much to cheer for in regards to other college teams within its borders. It's obvious to me they don't feel the need to market to Vol fans. There's lots of ways to do it, other than drafting VFLs and they don't. They used to market in the knoxville market but you don't see it much anymore. They must be happy with their customer base.

Reactions: mrMet
Hahahaha! Yeah, they were. George only played in TN, never a down in Houston. His first year was their first year in Nashville. Yes the name change was a year later, but and McNair were the face of the Titans.

You know, that stuff you keep posting pictures of can impact your ability to retain historical facts. Just sayin'
Eddie was ROY in 1996, the Oilers moved to Tennessee (Memphis at first) in 1997. Charles Woodson won the Heisman in 1997.

The Tennessee Oilers then played a season in 1998 at Vanderbilt, then played their first season as the Tennessee Titans in 1999.

Ya know, it’s funny you try to be disrespectful about me posting booze (which is my career field), yet I was 3,4,5,6 years old in those years I just listed and somehow know the history better than you. Tough look brother

VN Store

Back