Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Yes, it's difficult if TN is not substituting but TN does do some substitutions during a game. At any point TN subs, Kiffin can send in a third stringer who falls down and 'hurts' his ankle while trotting into the game. The game is stopped indefinitely giving the defense time to rest, the 3rd stringer is never involved in a play while all the first stringers are given an indefinite resting time. Actually I have never paid close attention to how much substitutions TN does during the game on offense but I will watch tonight more closely,
Oh, OK. You're afraid of the other team slowing down the game when the game has slowed down.

I'll choose not to worry about that, and instead would love to see the changes to the rule.

And as to how much UT subs, it doesn't really matter. If they subbed, Lane can put in all fresh bodies on defense and not have to worry about putting in a 3rd stringer for a couple of seconds. That's the point of the tempo. To not sub so that defenders are left on the field with no relief.

Us subbing is what helps the opponent, thus we won't do it. Thus Lane would have to call a timeout to get the 3rd stringer on the field, which would defeat the purpose of trying to get the 3rd stringer on the field.

Your logic feels a lot like a chicken/egg issue for opponents.

lol at LSU
What are they doing
Amazing what not being able to run the ball does to your offense
Carolina gonna crush them unless they figure something out

You have Kiffin, the SEC officiating crew, and the SEC remote official from Birmingham to thank for letting Kiff get away with it all night and throwing in some terrible game-rigging spots to boot. Then when there was an effort to make a rule about it in the off-season, Saban opposed it, so it was canned. We never did it before that, and we never stopped doing it after, because we were screwed and denied recourse. So F them. Don't blame our team.

(He was still Eddie George.) I don't agree with him. I liked Eddie George as a Titan. He was a steam-roller. But I get the OP's point.
I think letting a dumb college kid's statement live rent free in your head for 30+ years is a little weird. (Not aimed at you)

Just move on imo and stop being tribal. If you can't exist around people in your day-to-day life that don't like the Vols that's a problem. There's good people everywhere, and a lot of good people who have bad opinions about the Power T. George was a great Titan and represents that organization very well. I can isolate that from anything he said about Tennessee, just like I know Peyton Manning is a VFL and ambassador for our school but went to Indy and hates the Titans. It's not complicated.

I predicted that South Carolina would not only beat the spread but in fact would beat LSU.

A few individuals on here said I was wrong. Let me see South Carolina is dominating 17-0 . Looks like I was correct so far.

I predicted that South Carolina would not only beat the spread but in fact would beat LSU.

A few individuals on here said I was wrong. Let me see South Carolina is dominating 17-0 . Looks like I was correct so far.
Don’t think SC is a world beater but they are beating the crap out of LSU at the moment.

That's not true at all. Anyone that sells anything has to cater to someone or they won't sell anything. It's not whether they cater to anyone it's whether they feel the need to cater to Vol fans or any other group for that matter. I'm not judging either way. If they wanted to cater to more Vol fans then there's a lot of ways to do it.
I’m meaning college fanbases

I posted the other day of what I found trying to google NFL franchises cobranding with state colleges and there wasn’t much I could find in general. I searched Cleveland/ohio st, rams/usc ucla, Seahawks/washington, dolphins/hurricanes, etc

VN Store

Back