Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Eddie was ROY in 1996, the Oilers moved to Tennessee (Memphis at first) in 1997. Charles Woodson won the Heisman in 1997.

The Tennessee Oilers then played a season in 1998 at Vanderbilt, then played their first season as the Tennessee Titans in 1999.

Ya know, it’s funny you try to be disrespectful about me posting booze (which is my career field), yet I was 3,4,5,6 years old in those years I just listed and somehow know the history better than you. Tough look brother
I don’t want the Tennessee/Houston Oilers associated with the Tennessee Vols in any way, shape, or form. I wish they would go back to Houston or move to another state.

Not really.

If someone insults your wife while an Oiler, after they rename the team do you know who he is?

The guy that insulted your wife.

(I read that as an anti-George post; not an anti-Titan post, though.)
He openly said he dislikes the Titans earlier so I took it as both. But I am a “somewhat realistic” homer so fair is fair lol

Eddie was ROY in 1996, the Oilers moved to Tennessee (Memphis at first) in 1997. Charles Woodson won the Heisman in 1997.

The Tennessee Oilers then played a season in 1998 at Vanderbilt, then played their first season as the Tennessee Titans in 1999.

Ya know, it’s funny you try to be disrespectful about me posting booze (which is my career field), yet I was 3,4,5,6 years old in those years I just listed and somehow know the history better than you. Tough look brother
I don't mind the booze talk. I don't drink, but I've thought about collecting some liquor. . . at least it's booze talk and not drunk posting, 😂

I predicted that South Carolina would not only beat the spread but in fact would beat LSU.

A few individuals on here said I was wrong. Let me see South Carolina is dominating 17-0 . Looks like I was correct so far.
I admit I thought LSU would win. I underestimated Kelly's suckitude. Which I was already aware was vast.

I agree most don't. TN is unique in a lot of ways though. Huge fan base in the vols, only nfl in the state. Not much to cheer for in regards to other college teams within its borders. It's obvious to me they don't feel the need to market to Vol fans. There's lots of ways to do it, other than drafting VFLs and they don't. They used to market in the knoxville market but you don't see it much anymore. They must be happy with their customer base.
Yeah they probably should lean into it ESPECIALLY with how many transplants are in the Nashville area now

Reactions: InVOLuntary
NFL players don’t give a **** about any college team except the one they played for. Bleed orange, but expecting a former Bama Titan to praise the Vols is a fool’s errand.
Keeping his f'n mouth shut and not deliberately antagonizing Vols is a completely different thing.

VN Store

Back