Recruiting Football Talk VIII

What would be the weakest part of our offense in your opinion? Not that any part is really that weak, but in comparison to the whole?

Is it QB, just because there is still growth to be had? Is the situation really that good?
I would still say it is pass protection. Run blocking is outstanding, Pass Pro can be suspect at times and leads to less than desired QB play.

Reactions: Brillovol
Maybe, but OL specifically is difficult to just go grab a portal guy to insert. Works fine if ya only need 1 starter type (like Heard this season) but look at Colorado and even Kentucky for examples of the growing pains portal shopping for most your guys can cause.

The good news though last couple classes have been strong for OL

2024:
Warren = 7th highest rated OT, 4 star
Anderson = 16th highest rated OT, 4 star
Satterwhite = 20th highest rated IOL, 4 star
Perry = 55th highest rated OT, 3 star
Ginther = 76th highest rated IOL, 3 star

And the 2025 class is stacked too
Sanders Jr. = 1st rated OT, 5 star
Utu = 4th rated OT, 4 star
Moore = 13th rated IOL, 4 star

our staff is over the moon excited about '24. not a miss in the bunch, a few massively underrated

'25 even better

I flushed their season before the AS break. They need to address some things in an awful way. Everyone’s gonna us the injuries as a scape goat but they had stuff to address before opening day and chose not to so…. Snit gonna Snit and AA gonna allow it. 🤡🔫
AA got a Cy Young winner out of the bargain bin and before I shade Snit, I remember the name Freddi Gonzalez…it helps.

I expect that we're gonna see some variations in the play designs that we've already ran. Like the shovel pass and the sideline throws. I think we're gonna see several new formations altogether. No trick plays out of them, just a new look no one has seen yet.
I think we will see a lot of the same formations but different things run from them... it's the genius behind Heupel. Show the formations, get a lot of film on tape and then sneak in a wrinkle and gash them with it.

I also think Oklahoma will think their base defense will be good enough to stop us so they will be stubborn until it is too late.

smh-huh.gif

What's with these effing amateurs?????

NO. INJURIES. PLS

smh-huh.gif

Anyone think this is intentional in preparation for our game? Did they see what happened with the terrible field conditions at SCe 2 years ago? This isn’t the time of year to already be losing the field. Not enough stress or cold weather yet.

Guys and gals, my family and I have been at the ER for most of the night (my mom and brother are still there, and Im about to head back that way). Any prayers you could send up, and any love you can spare is greatly appreciated.

My 85 year old granny fell last night and broke her hip; and, they're doing surgery later on. As you know, I've been living with and taking care of both her and my mom for the last 3 years, helping them both beat cancer. I was back here in my part of the house, and heard her land in the kitchen (that's how hard she hit, that i was able to hear it from my room), then she screamed something terrible. I ran in there and my heart broke. It was the most awful, most pitiful thing I have ever experienced. She was/is in bad shape, and in an extreme amount of pain.

She just got past being sick...beating breast cancer here in the last bit, and doing so with a broken back; yeah, she's been through the ringer the last few years. I just took her Friday for tests, after she felt another lump in the other breast. The radiologist said it didn't look like anything to be concerned about, fatty tissue or such; she has her Dr's appointment, for the actual results, coming up. However, the contrast she drank for the MRI broke her out from head to toe, and she was itching something fierce Friday night into Saturday; she was feeling somewhat better from that yesterday, before she fell last night.

Anyway, again, please keep her in your thoughts, if you will. She's a trooper, and one of the toughest gals I've ever had the pleasure of knowing...if anyone can get past this, and come out stronger than ever on the other side, at her age, it's my granny. I'm a hardened pipeliner, who's worked underground and around heavy equipment for most of my life, and I believe what she's been through, and going through, would've killed me. I'm not even joking! She's BEYOND tough as nails.

Absolutely this household believes in the power of prayer, as we are a prime example of it. The good Lord has been amazing to us, and blessed us abundantly. He's seen us through time and time again.

Thank you all, and hope you have a safe/great day.
🙏

I watched a highlight reel on YouTube that showed every Nico pass against KSU. It was his worst outing by far. I'm not sure if just lost focus because of the opponent or what. His accuracy was off. Not the normal Nico.

Now...

running-eddie-murphy.gif
He did the same thing late in the 1st half against Chattanooga. I think he gets bored and loses some of his focus. Early in games and against a little better competition, he's been automatic. I think he'll be the best version of Nico we've seen against Oklahoma

I'm expecting 400+ yards and 5 total TDs this Saturday.

smh-huh.gif

We spotted that in the Okies' game with Tulane. Erbody here was talking about it. It slows opponents down and is an injury risk. Player safety, Sankey!!

Move the game to Knoxville on an emergency basis. And all future Okie home games until they can meet SEC standards for the health and safety of players. Had enough of that.

Vols 2nd in SEC in points allowed at 4.3
Vols tied for 2nd in completions allowed at 12.3
Vols 2nd in SEC in passing yards allowed at 105.0
Vols tied for first in passing TDs, rushing TDs, and defensive TDs allowed at 0
Vols 2nd in SEC in rushing yards allowed at 55.7
Vols 2nd in SEC in yards per carry allowed at 1.8
Vols 1st in SEC in total yards allowed at 160.7

Loving seeing a dominate Vols defense again, I think with the limited snaps through 3 this weekend will be a really fun game for them.
How in the hell does anybody have less points allowed than us?

Reactionary? We said that weeks ago.

It’s ok to admit you were wrong.
Nah guy it’s reactionary because he’s carried the ball in maybe two meaningful series vs NC State and the rest garbage time against UTC and Kent St.

You said he was "at least as good as Jabari Small”. I think he’s got a little more to prove, but that’s just me. If you’ve seen enough, that’s cool, I guess maybe you just didn’t think much of Jabari Small.

Anyone think this is intentional in preparation for our game? Did they see what happened with the terrible field conditions at SCe 2 years ago? This isn’t the time of year to already be losing the field. Not enough stress or cold weather yet.
I was actually just thinking about this..If this is being intentionally, that would be very selfish because it puts their own players in danger as well..They can just as easily get injured 🤕 as our players could.🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Guys and gals, my family and I have been at the ER for most of the night (my mom and brother are still there, and Im about to head back that way). Any prayers you could send up, and any love you can spare is greatly appreciated.

My 85 year old granny fell last night and broke her hip; and, they're doing surgery later on. As you know, I've been living with and taking care of both her and my mom for the last 3 years, helping them both beat cancer. I was back here in my part of the house, and heard her land in the kitchen (that's how hard she hit, that i was able to hear it from my room), then she screamed something terrible. I ran in there and my heart broke. It was the most awful, most pitiful thing I have ever experienced. She was/is in bad shape, and in an extreme amount of pain.

She just got past being sick...beating breast cancer here in the last bit, and doing so with a broken back; yeah, she's been through the ringer the last few years. I just took her Friday for tests, after she felt another lump in the other breast. The radiologist said it didn't look like anything to be concerned about, fatty tissue or such; she has her Dr's appointment, for the actual results, coming up. However, the contrast she drank for the MRI broke her out from head to toe, and she was itching something fierce Friday night into Saturday; she was feeling somewhat better from that yesterday, before she fell last night.

Anyway, again, please keep her in your thoughts, if you will. She's a trooper, and one of the toughest gals I've ever had the pleasure of knowing...if anyone can get past this, and come out stronger than ever on the other side, at her age, it's my granny. I'm a hardened pipeliner, who's worked underground and around heavy equipment for most of my life, and I believe what she's been through, and going through, would've killed me. I'm not even joking! She's BEYOND tough as nails.

Absolutely this household believes in the power of prayer, as we are a prime example of it. The good Lord has been amazing to us, and blessed us abundantly. He's seen us through time and time again.

Thank you all, and hope you have a safe/great day.
Sorry to hear this. I'm definitely praying for her and all you guys. Please let us know how she's doing.

VN Store

Back