Recruiting Football Talk VIII

There is no freaking way I'd let a little lower ankle boo-boo keep me off of the field in a game like this...I'd be like "Give me a shot of f'n Toradol right in that sumb****, give me a couple PCs, wrap it up tight and let's get the hell on with this!"

I do not understand this generation...as a flooring installer I once drove a hawkbill knife through the side of my knee, so I sprayed both of the inch wide holes with this heavy duty spray cement we used for about a million things, then wrapped it all up in tissue paper and duct tape until I could get done with the job that day and go home...and I never missed a day of work after it either.

I get it if it's a bad break, or torn ligaments or something..but jeez..🤦‍♂️
This could also be Heupel giving some double Gauldens to Sankey's new injury report sharing policy for SEC games.

Oh, I'll be seeing here week after next at an awesome festival in Huntsville. But, I won't be seeing Janes Addiction since they cancelled the rest of their tour (something about a punch :O).
I used to live over on Sand Mountain, and my wife's whole family lives in Guntersville-Albertville area...I actually love the northern part of Alabama...it is a beautiful area to live in.

Anthony Anderson Crying GIF - Anthony Anderson Crying Blackish - Discover &  Share GIFs

Ok guy on swain show saying we haven’t played anyone which is true, then says they rank bad in total yds on offense and defense but I guess that reason can’t be bc they played Tennessee, those teams stats suck though he said so yeah that doesn’t matter I guess or the fact we flat out destroyed those teams probably worse then we were supposed too…. That doesn’t matter either

Then he says we’re gonna get stuff Nico hasn’t seen, oks defense is good which I guess if there’s is good then ours is elite but it don’t matter bc we haven’t played anyone and those teams we played have bad stats….. again those teams have bad stat bc they played us

I’m so tired of these high and mighty Oklahoma people I hope we hang 60
On them and their vaunted CBV defense
The issue with our offense is scaling is not linear. There is a talent disparity at which we flat out annihilate teams. More than our talent advantage would predict. Conversely as that gap narrows we don't continue to beat teams by margins that are similar. That makes fans think we played bad, but the reality is our scheme advantage was just reduced. The benefit of this scheme is that it focuses on shock and aw, so a few broken plays can lead the opponent to feeling hopeless. That again can lead to blowouts. It takes one of those 2 things happening though because we also give our opponents a lot of time to offset whatever we are doing.

The models have this game close. The simulators have this game close. The reality is our stats are inflated and their guys have been hurt so their numbers are deflated.

We will get their best. It will be hostile. If I am being honest it will either be really close game or they collapse and we blow them out. I don't see the in-between most are predicting, but that is ultimately the average of the 2 more likely scenarios.

Lastly Iowa just doesn’t correlate for a strong SEC defense. It is a data point, but not much of one pro or con. I see a lot of people wagging it about.

Ok is the data point. If we blow them out all of America will be watching.

I used to live over on Sand Mountain, and my wife's whole family lives in Guntersville-Albertville area...I actually love the northern part of Alabama...it is a beautiful area to live in.
We are booming here. And I like being a fairly quick drive to Nashville. Gives me some pause on my planned move to Washington State but still think I'll move. So much Nature to explore out there.

Welp...let's hope Moco and Chandler are right about Davis and Johnson...I hope they are.

Sounds weird, but for our style of play I think interior OL are bigger concerns if they are out. I like our Tackle group and depth... Dayne has played a lot of big games at RT and even LT for us and Johnson & Grant are both in year 3 too. I like our depth at OT more than IOL personally.

Staff is also really high on both Perry and Warren

Me: Okay, I'm confused. Is the bags game thread on or off?

Er'body else: I think... we all think the bag game thread was a nice idea. But - not pointin' any fingers - it coulda been done sooner. So, how 'bout, no bags game thread this time - but next time, we do the bags game thread right, and then we go full regalia.

Glitch: Wait a minute! I didn't say 'no bags game thread'!

Me: But nobody's started a game thread!

Er'body else: So?

Me: So, it'd be nice to see a game thread.

Glitch: dammit! This is a raid recruiting forum! I can't start a thread game thread! You can't start a game thread! All that matters is can the f***in' horse see is there a game thread?
1726769458628.png
Glitch right now.

The issue with our offense is scaling is not linear. There is a talent disparity at which we flat out annihilate teams. More than our talent advantage would predict. Conversely as that gap narrows we don't continue to beat teams by margins that are similar. That makes fans think we played bad, but the reality is our scheme advantage was just reduced. The benefit of this scheme is that it focuses on shock and aw, so a few broken plays can lead the opponent to feeling hopeless. That again can lead to blowouts. It takes one of those 2 things happening though because we also give our opponents a lot of time to offset whatever we are doing.

The models have this game close. The simulators have this game close. The reality is our stats are inflated and their guys have been hurt so their numbers are deflated.

We will get their best. It will be hostile. If I am being honest it will either be really close game or they collapse and we blow them out. I don't see the in-between most are predicting, but that is ultimately the average of the 2 more likely scenarios.

Lastly Iowa just doesn’t correlate for a strong SEC defense. It is a data point, but not much of one pro or con. I see a lot of people wagging it about.

Ok is the data point. If we blow them out all of America will be watching.
Exactly. We need more data points to truly evaluate this team and Oklahoma should be revealing.

Side note, just looked at Alabama's schedule and it's brutal. I count six remaining tough games for them and three remaining tough games for us (I'm not including Florida as a tough game). Of course, we could lose any of them but hopefully, Alabama is good and roughed up when we play.

It’s surprising to see that in year 4 our entire game and season depends on Heards ankle. This staff has to do better

Sounds weird, but for our style of play I think interior OL are bigger concerns if they are out. I like our Tackle group and depth... Dayne has played a lot of big games at RT and even LT for us and Johnson & Grant are both in year 3 too. I like our depth at OT more than IOL personally.

Staff is also really high on both Perry and Warren
My worry is Karic

Exactly. We need more data points to truly evaluate this team and Oklahoma should be revealing. And, I'm with you.

Side note, just looked at Alabama's schedule and it's brutal. I count six remaining tough games for them and three remaining tough games for us (I'm not including Florida as a tough game). Of course, we could lose any of them but hopefully, Alabama is good and roughed up when we play.
Agree, and UGA has no explosives on offense. I thought all along next year was our chance to win it all. I am telling you now. The path will never be better than this year.

If I was a betting man I might call a weird SEC championship of us and Mizzou. With all the other studs crying.

Just win.

VN Store

Back