Recruiting Football Talk VIII

You do realize that IF you do the thing...and we look like pureed crap and barely escape or..gulp..lose..that you will be banished to the Void for eternity...don't you?
Not Gonna Happen GIFs | Tenor

You do realize that IF you do the thing...and we look like pureed crap and barely escape or..gulp..lose..that you will be banished to the Void for eternity...don't you?
I don't think a @Glitch thread is a good idea after the last meltdown. He may never recover if we play poorly and he started the thread.

Me: Okay, I'm confused. Is the bags game thread on or off?

Er'body else: I think... we all think the bag game thread was a nice idea. But - not pointin' any fingers - it coulda been done sooner. So, how 'bout, no bags game thread this time - but next time, we do the bags game thread right, and then we go full regalia.

Glitch: Wait a minute! I didn't say 'no bags game thread'!

Me: But nobody's started a game thread!

Er'body else: So?

Me: So, it'd be nice to see a game thread.

Glitch: dammit! This is a raid recruiting forum! I can't start a thread game thread! You can't start a game thread! All that matters is can the f***in' horse see is there a game thread?

I don't think a @Glitch thread is a good idea after the last meltdown. He may never recover if we play poorly and he started the thread.
Well...SOMEBODY..has to do something...and last year AP game was a weird deal..I mean Joe Milton ain't walking out on that field in Norman.🤷‍♂️

But yeah...if Glitch does it, and we have a bad game...then he should be banished for eternity.

Imma try to condense this..

He sees the same potential issues I do...Okies stopping the run on 1st and 2nd with front 6, this forcing 3rd and longs, thus giving Venables a chance to throw some stuff at Nico, which along with the crowd noise and Okies defensive energy being sky high causing several 3 and outs.

If none of that happens...it will be a blowout.
I think Tennessee is too versatile and spreading it out cuts a lot of options for the stuff Venables likes to throw at an offense. I think that even if OU is able to slow us down some the difference in this game will be the Tennessee defense. I don't think a lot of people really understand what a monster we have on that side of the ball. We have played it very base on d this year so far. NCst is no a bad offensive team.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
@Glitch may have to join the [We're the] Millers in the witness protection program if this goes the wrong way. Consider this well, Glitch. Your daughter and the "No Ragrats" kid: Married. 😨

Last edited:
There is no freaking way I'd let a little lower ankle boo-boo keep me off of the field in a game like this...I'd be like "Give me a shot of f'n Toradol right in that sumb****, give me a couple PCs, wrap it up tight and let's get the hell on with this!"

I do not understand this generation...as a flooring installer I once drove a hawkbill knife through the side of my knee, so I sprayed both of the inch wide holes with this heavy duty spray cement we used for about a million things, then wrapped it all up in tissue paper and duct tape until I could get done with the job that day and go home...and I never missed a day of work after it either.

I get it if it's a bad break, or torn ligaments or something..but jeez..🤦‍♂️

Rather see Gwen Stefani, Blake's wife.
Oh, I'll be seeing her week after next at an awesome festival in Huntsville. But, I won't be seeing Janes Addiction since they cancelled the rest of their tour (something about a punch :O).

Last edited:
I think Tennessee is too versatile and spreading it out cuts a lot of options for the stuff Venables likes to throw at an offense. I think that even if OU is able to slow us down some the difference in this game will be the Tennessee defense. I don't think a lot of people really understand what a monster we have on that side of the ball. We have played it very base on d this year so far. NCst is no a bad offensive team.
I hope you are right...you very well could be. I'd love for it to work out that way and make my concerns look silly...I have zero problem looking silly about concern for bad things happening to my Vols.

I absolutely love all you can eat crow buffet.

VN Store

Back