Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Wait, their backup is out too? The RS FR? Jeez, they are totally screwed against our DL if their 3rd string guy is playing.
Geirean Hatchett’s season is done. The OU offensive lineman will miss the rest of the season after undergoing biceps surgery, Sooners coach Brent Venables said on his coach’s show Monday night.

Hatchett started OU’s win over Temple at left guard before sliding over to handle center duties after Branson Hickman's injury
Oklahoma injury report:
WR Jayden Gibson, Out
WR Jalil Farooq, Out
DB Gentry Williams, Out
OL Geirean Hatchett, Out
LB Dasan McCullough, Doubtful
TE Kade McIntyre, Questionable
OL Branson Hickman, Questionable
OL Jake Taylor, Questionable
WR Nic Anderson, Probable
WR Andrel Anthony, Probable
DB Kendel Dolby, Probable
OL Troy Everett, Probable

So Troy Everett was their starting center that was injured in spring and may be back this week but hasn't played a snap this season. Branson Hickman took his spot but had a high ankle sprain game 1 and is questionable. Hatchett then took over center but tore his bicep and is out for the season. Joshua Bates, a freshmen, has been playing center for them the last 2 games. I'm not sure this is the game you want somebody coming back from injury that hasn't had a game-time snap with your QB, starting at center.

Reactions: Aesius and mrMet
It's embarrassing that the country that invented the game can't produce someone better...dude is a physical freak for a human being, much more so a Japanese person.

They just don't produce that many big fast strong people...and when they do it is somebody like that?...it is amazing.
Part of that is bc American baseball doesn’t typically allow players to do both. They eventually make players be either a pitcher or a position player.

Reactions: knoxvol52
It says the line is back to -6.5. . . but I don't think it's really moving. When it's -6.5 it is -118. When it's -7.5 it's +102.

I think they are holding the line steady due to respect for OU's home field. They haven't been more than 3.5pt dogs at home since around 1999 I think.

He’s got a long way to go. Gonna have to win something.
Been looking for 52's post, to respond too. But this will work.

Could not agree more. dude is generational, but, so was Griffey. Griffey had a torquey, hip swing. Ohtani can get over the ball, and miss by trying to hit ball too hard. Also, Ohtani is 30. That is a big deal.

In comparison, Henry Aaron played 20+ years.

Now, Aaron played outfield. Ohtani could play, say 4-5 years longer than his expiration just as a DH. But at some point, being the do all, everything is going to catch up.

I think the one 'freak' athlete who could do it all was Barry Bonds. Sorta similar type guys who just mash the ball, and could steal bases too. (Bonds didnt pitch, just as a hitter). Ohtani has a bigger cage, and longer swing. Not sure that translates well to longevity.

Wish Ohtani best of luck, great story. But, GOAT is reserved for top of lists, and cigar clenched smiles holding up 6 fingers.

Haha rookie, my 240 pages behind laughs at your measly double digit behind page count…

I am back here living my best life at

16-0 🤠
I was right there with you, for the first time I skipped more than 200 pages.

Trying to catch up proved to be more than I could manage. I found myself wondering why most care about a RF game thread as it seems a lot use this as the game thread.

I also feel the same as someone else posted, if we are truly elite this year, we will find a way to go into Norman and get a win. Win this game and playoff talk becomes real!

VN Store

Back