Recruiting Football Talk VIII

What's the advantage of locking in a -2.5 versus 7.5? I am not a gambler, obviously.
Getting the line at -2.5 before it moved to -7.5 gives Tennessee more wiggle room to win by 3 instead of having to win by 8 or more which is less likely. Better odds of 3 before the spread ballooned and power rankings models adjusted to the recent games. More money comes in either side the spread adjusts etc. much more comfortable with -2.5 than -7.5 on a road night game. Probably wouldn’t have put a bet on -7.5

I think they are great
Elite? Probably not but what team is this year
I think numerous teams can win it this year with what I e seen through a few weeks

The logo on the helmet had the first three games won before we kicked off which is good and means we’re getting back to where we once were.

That logo won’t win this weekend but the talent we have now will

If the guys show like there heads are on fire and asses are catching we win going away
WGWTFA. NCst would give OU all they want.

Maybe, but OL specifically is difficult to just go grab a portal guy to insert. Works fine if ya only need 1 starter type (like Heard this season) but look at Colorado and even Kentucky for examples of the growing pains portal shopping for most your guys can cause.

The good news though last couple classes have been strong for OL

2024:
Warren = 7th highest rated OT, 4 star
Anderson = 16th highest rated OT, 4 star
Satterwhite = 20th highest rated IOL, 4 star
Perry = 55th highest rated OT, 3 star
Ginther = 76th highest rated IOL, 3 star

And the 2025 class is stacked too
Sanders Jr. = 1st rated OT, 5 star
Utu = 4th rated OT, 4 star
Moore = 13th rated IOL, 4 star
We lose Coop, Sprags, and Campbell

not discounting those guys, esp Coop, but I’m definitely ok and even excited with the list of replacements.

If the DL has enough depth ( I think it will, maybe not quite as deep as this year) next year is gonna be fantastic too.

If you go with changes in history, you will change the present. I am no longer willing to play the what if game because it could mean that we don’t have CJH. He could be the current HC at oklahoma and Tennessee stumbling with venables. 😳☹️😡

I made peace with our desolation decade and a half since it means that we have CJH at the helm. 😎

First of many to come

16-0 🤠
1726844429567.gif

We lose Coop, Sprags, and Campbell

not discounting those guys, esp Coop, but I’m definitely ok and even excited with the list of replacements.

If the DL has enough depth ( I think it will, maybe not quite as deep as this year) next year is gonna be fantastic too.

Yeah it's pretty clear the "rebuild" took the longest for OL and defense. Heupel's system and development meant any skill player/QB could have really good numbers. But now in year 4 we're seeing what a good foundation of recruiting is bringing in.

I'm excited for the future and hope to keep most the staff here as long as possible.

VN Store

Back