Recruiting Football Talk VIII

who cares where he's from? i mean would it be any different if he were from Galax?

Dude is a generational player. period.

btw that last pitch was absolute garbage, i mean come on.
You're a globalist putz...I love my country, I still wanna beat the crap outta everybody else...in everything.

Guarantee you the Japanese care about where he is from...they love their country no matter what.

There has really only been one defense that has been able to contain Heup's offense since he got here, and that is gerja. I know Vegetables is a good defensive coach, and that video talked about how Lebby was at OU for a minute so they know a little about the type of offense that is coming to town tomorrow. Lebby is not Heup and their offenses are not the same. Operating with tempo does not make the two offenses the same. Heup has scored points and made his offense go everywhere he has been. Veggies is used to slow offenses that just need to be contained between the tackles and that is enough. Heup is going to stretch them and make them run sideline to sideline. They are going to be gassed by halftime and if it is still close at halftime, our boys will run away with it in the 2H because OU's offense will not have enough juice against our offense that is fast and has to go up against this offense every single day in practice. Talking heads are going to explode Saturday night.
Here's my thinking. . .
Are the '24 Vols as good as the '22 Vols on offense?

Are the '24 Sooners a lot better than the '22 Bama defense?

If they can stop us, I still don't think they'll be able to keep pace with what we do score. I think our defense is much better than their offense. It could be a 27-17 type game, but I think we get to 40 and they can't crack 30.

Tomorrow will be hellva challenge.

If my look at past results is accurate, the most points ever scored on Venables while on staff at Clemson was 49, and 55 is tops as head coach at Okie.

We need 56. šŸ˜‚

(You know I'd take a 1 point win any day, but still...)

Last edited:
Something that baffles me, I know most won't care but I don't really chat in any other threads or forums...

wtf is up with the WNBA and their sour grapes to what should be the face of their league?

Clark is shooting 41.7% FG, 34.1% 3PT, 90.4% FT with 19.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 8.5 apg, 1.3 spg, and 0.7 bpg.

First player in WNBA history to reach 700 points, 200 rebounds, 300 assists. She now holds the single season record for assists in a season with 329 (and one game left to play) and is 3rd in most 3pt shots made in a season with 120

She has a ton of turnovers, most in a season by a long shot. So still work to be done.

But as a rookie here's where she stands against the entire league this year
5th in points (761)
16th in total rebounds (222)
1st in assists (329)
12th in steals (52)
17th in blocks (27)
2nd in FT % (90.4%)
1st in 3PT Makes (120)

And league "legends" are campaigning for her to not even win rookie of the year...when a legit case exist for her to win MVP even.
could it be a marketing trick to make the WNBA look better overall by saying "look how good Clark was and she's not even our top player"?

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Something that baffles me, I know most won't care but I don't really chat in any other threads or forums...

wtf is up with the WNBA and their sour grapes to what should be the face of their league?

Clark is shooting 41.7% FG, 34.1% 3PT, 90.4% FT with 19.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 8.5 apg, 1.3 spg, and 0.7 bpg.

First player in WNBA history to reach 700 points, 200 rebounds, 300 assists. She now holds the single season record for assists in a season with 329 (and one game left to play) and is 3rd in most 3pt shots made in a season with 120

She has a ton of turnovers, most in a season by a long shot. So still work to be done.

But as a rookie here's where she stands against the entire league this year
5th in points (761)
16th in total rebounds (222)
1st in assists (329)
12th in steals (52)
17th in blocks (27)
2nd in FT % (90.4%)
1st in 3PT Makes (120)

And league "legends" are campaigning for her to not even win rookie of the year...when a legit case exist for her to win MVP even.
Those sound like some catty legends.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Best player of this era right now. When his career is finished with his pitching numbers and offensive numbers, yes he could possibly be the GOAT.
I don't like it...but yes he is. Let's see how long he is able to stay up there...you don't get the GOAT title without longevity...it matters.

I wouldn't bet on him having a short career though.

I wish we could produce somebody like that...we are a nation full of genetic freak athletes....surely to goodness there is someone out there that could do this stuff...but I think most of our really great athletes are pushed away from baseball now and into other sports.

Oh well...good for you and other Dodger fans.

There has really only been one defense that has been able to contain Heup's offense since he got here, and that is gerja. I know Vegetables is a good defensive coach, and that video talked about how Lebby was at OU for a minute so they know a little about the type of offense that is coming to town tomorrow. Lebby is not Heup and their offenses are not the same. Operating with tempo does not make the two offenses the same. Heup has scored points and made his offense go everywhere he has been. Veggies is used to slow offenses that just need to be contained between the tackles and that is enough. Heup is going to stretch them and make them run sideline to sideline. They are going to be gassed by halftime and if it is still close at halftime, our boys will run away with it in the 2H because OU's offense will not have enough juice against our offense that is fast and has to go up against this offense every single day in practice. Talking heads are going to explode Saturday night.
The real hidden purpose of this offense is to force the defense to show their hand early because they donā€™t have time to disguise the coverage.

Part of that is bc American baseball doesnā€™t typically allow players to do both. They eventually make players be either a pitcher or a position player.
Exactly...but still we get guys like Castiglione [sp?] sometimes...you know we have some athlete somewhere that could do it at a truly elite level. That guy is probably playing football, basketball or šŸ¤¢socceršŸ¤®

What Ohtani did today, to make it to 50/50 is one of the greatest single game performances in my lifetime. 6 for 6, 4 runs scored, 10 RBI, 2 doubles, 2 stolen bases and 3 home runs. Mind-boggling and he got thrown out trying to stretch one of his 2 doubles into a triple. If he had made it, he would have hit for the cycle, too. The best thing about all that, Ohtani is on my fantasy league team. Let's just say, I will be playing in my championship series and I dominated the regular season, also.
Ohtani just confirmed the greatest offensive season in the history of baseball. 60/60 isn't out of reach with 9 games to go.

VN Store

Back