Recruiting Football Talk VIII

We all know how good the DL is.

What I’m curious to see on Saturday is what kind of coverage Banks and Martinez draw up for the secondary. On the opening drive against NC St, we opened up playing soft man coverage and it allowed McCall several short completions. Later in the drive after the forced NC St timeout, we adjusted and switched to tighter press man coverage and we got a sack on the next play and the drive eventually stalled.

An overwhelming majority of OU’s completions are in the 3-8 yard range this season. And we know OU’s OL isn’t great. I would think our defensive gameplan for OU will be similar to our adjusted gameplan against NC St.

We all know how good the DL is.

What I’m curious to see on Saturday is what kind of coverage Banks and Martinez draw up for the secondary. On the opening drive against NC St, we opened up playing soft man coverage and it allowed McCall several short completions. Later in the drive after the forced NC St timeout, we adjusted and switched to tighter press man coverage and we got a sack on the next play and the drive eventually stalled.

An overwhelming majority of OU’s completions are in the 3-8 yard range this season. And we know OU’s OL isn’t great. I would think our defensive gameplan for OU will be similar to our adjusted gameplan against NC St.
I think our DBs will do fine. I'm more worried about them tackling Arnold when we bust a play and he takes off. I feel a little better about it knowing that our dbs don't mind to thump someone. I hope they keep their heads up and avoid targeting.

There has really only been one defense that has been able to contain Heup's offense since he got here, and that is gerja. I know Vegetables is a good defensive coach, and that video talked about how Lebby was at OU for a minute so they know a little about the type of offense that is coming to town tomorrow. Lebby is not Heup and their offenses are not the same. Operating with tempo does not make the two offenses the same. Heup has scored points and made his offense go everywhere he has been. Veggies is used to slow offenses that just need to be contained between the tackles and that is enough. Heup is going to stretch them and make them run sideline to sideline. They are going to be gassed by halftime and if it is still close at halftime, our boys will run away with it in the 2H because OU's offense will not have enough juice against our offense that is fast and has to go up against this offense every single day in practice. Talking heads are going to explode Saturday night.

Ichiro was from Japan way before Ohtani showed up. Ichiro wasn't chopped liver.
He was a great baseball player, but he was nowhere near the freak human being that Ohtani is.

He is like the finished product of a secret Japanese eugenics program started in WW2..lol.

Something that baffles me, I know most won't care but I don't really chat in any other threads or forums...

wtf is up with the WNBA and their sour grapes to what should be the face of their league?

Clark is shooting 41.7% FG, 34.1% 3PT, 90.4% FT with 19.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 8.5 apg, 1.3 spg, and 0.7 bpg.

First player in WNBA history to reach 700 points, 200 rebounds, 300 assists. She now holds the single season record for assists in a season with 329 (and one game left to play) and is 3rd in most 3pt shots made in a season with 120

She has a ton of turnovers, most in a season by a long shot. So still work to be done.

But as a rookie here's where she stands against the entire league this year
5th in points (761)
16th in total rebounds (222)
1st in assists (329)
12th in steals (52)
17th in blocks (27)
2nd in FT % (90.4%)
1st in 3PT Makes (120)

And league "legends" are campaigning for her to not even win rookie of the year...when a legit case exist for her to win MVP even.

VN Store

Back