Recruiting Football Talk VIII

People feel the old pains. In the end they really fear we're still a house of cards about to fall.
Heard is a good player. Really concerned bigger picture as we will need all our horses for the stretch run. Our schedule is hard but doable. I think we all feel there is possibility for something special.

That said 1 player doesn't make or break a game.

Yeah, and after that historic game last night, he had the inevitable letdown tonight: he only went 3 for 4 with another homer and another steal.

Dude's gotta be like a cyborg or something.

It’s amazing to watch honestly knowing his position naturally is pitcher…I’ve never seen anything like it in my life…speaking as someone who played the game from travel ball to high school all 4 years as a starter…it’s amazing.we’ve witnessed above average play from pitchers hitting in the MLB like Kershaw.he looks to put the ball in play first always never looking for a walk but the level Ohtani has reached is once in a lifetime generational talent no matter what the Braves fan say on here..they’re still upset over Freddy 😭😂😂

Reactions: pismonque
It’s amazing to watch honestly knowing his position naturally is pitcher…I’ve never seen anything like it in my life…speaking as someone who played the game from travel ball to high school all 4 years as a starter…it’s amazing.we’ve witnessed above average play from pitchers hitting in the MLB like Kershaw.he looks to put the ball in play first always never looking for a walk but the level Ohtani has reached is once in a lifetime generational talent no matter what the Braves fan say on here..they’re still upset over Freddy 😭😂😂
Agreed. Gotta say, even though I've been well aware of his talent since he's been in MLB, now that he plays for the team I watch every day, it's really amazed me how much more incredible he is than I had thought. It's just hard to believe everything he does.

Two memorable homers of his I got to see live: his first as a Dodger, always remember that one, and another that was memorable just because of what a monster it was, at Angel Stadium when he was still there, 118 mph off the bat, 462 feet. Never forget how jarring that was.

We arrived in Norman around 4pm central time.

We have been out all evening and night and just got back in to our VRBO. A few observations:
- Vol fans out in force. We were everywhere tonight and in numbers. And united. Great energy from our fans. I think we show out tomorrow as a fanbase.
- Vol fans are very confident in the game’s outcome.
- OU fans and locals commented several times at several different stops at how shocked they are to see so many away team fans. Literally floored and didn’t expect it. There’s some naivety from their fans about what they’re getting into with SEC blue blood fanbases. They just don’t have context or a frame of reference.
- OU fans are mostly nice. Most of their conversation is how amazing they think they are as a program (Heisman and natty’s thrown around). Also a lot of love for Heupel. There is a kind but confident arrogance about them, if that makes sense?
- Agreement by most I talked to that there is no bad blood between fanbases but they want and expect to send us home with an L
- You read that last part right. I bet it was 50/50 on OU fans I talked to - half think we dominate. Half think they’re undervalued and we don’t know how amazing their home field advantage is and they dominate us. Weird divide in this regard from their fans
- Overall, I’ve been to several away SEC games and their fans have been mostly pleasant and fun to talk to. A lot of the confidence is the same hometown homerisms we would show if the roles were reversed in Knoxville. A lot of bonding around our mutual hatred of TX (and not UT).

Go Vols

VN Store

Back