Recruiting Football Talk VIII

This is the first game that Heupel coached like he knew he had the better team. I loved winning and I love having the better team, but I don't like the mentality of knowing we are calling plays tonit beat ourselves.

This was a great road win. I'm happy for Heupel. I'm happy to put Oklahoma behind us with a win. Let's take the bye week and grow and and build this team into a national championship contender

This is a butch jones level performance. Happy we won, nice to finally beat a top 15 team on the road. Defense is elite but this is pathetic
Calling it Butch Jones level is absolutely laughable. You are normally a pretty reasonable dude. I hope it's just the liquor talking or something.

We play out of the shotgun brother so yeah pass more. Handing it off 5 yards deep doesn’t make running the ball easier
Go watch more football. You don’t pass more when you have a depleted OL…and a freshman QB in his first road game.

Average OL run block better than pass block. This isn’t even debatable.

GREAT WIN!!!

Glad I was able to take my youngest son to this game.

Our Defense is LEGIT!!! Championship level type defense. OU had less than 100 yards going into the 4th Q. Very impressive.

We need to get healthly on the OL ASAP. Heard will have 3 weeks to get back healthly, which is good.

Only the 2nd time I've seen Heup be ultra conservative on offense. Coached not to lose I thought in the 2nd half and rely on the defense. Made it more interesting than it needed to be. A win is a win tho.

4-0.

Rest and heal up and get ready for Arkansas in 2 weeks.

GB🍊.

This is the first game that Heupel coached like he knew he had the better team. I loved winning and I love having the better team, but I don't like the mentality of knowing we are calling plays tonit beat ourselves.

This was a great road win. I'm happy for Heupel. I'm happy to put Oklahoma behind us with a win. Let's take the bye week and grow and and build this team into a national championship contender
Don’t like that type of playcalling either but the backup tackles so bad what choice did he have.

How many times did Saban coach like he had the better team? I recall close games against Arkansas, MSU, etc. over the years. Just win the game.

Go watch more football. You don’t pass more when you have a depleted OL…and a freshman QB in his first road game.

Average OL run block better than pass block. This isn’t even debatable.
We have the number one player in his class not some Joe Smoe wanna be. If you watched the game and thought we were as aggressive as we could have been or as dominant as we could have been on offense Then you are happy. I just don’t think we were that’s all. Have a good evening and go vols

We have the number one player in his class not some Joe Smoe wanna be. If you watched the game and thought we were as aggressive as we could have been or as dominant as we could have been on offense Then you are happy. I just don’t think we were that’s all. Have a good evening and go vols
You just changed the discussion. Never said we were aggressive. In fact, I said Heupel appropriately dialed it back for a reason. He played to win the game. Easier to change to subject than to continue to discussion.

How many years of eligibility does Moi, the transfer from Stanford have left?
You’re too old have any eligibility left. And when did you start speaking French?

(Btw, I had no idea you transferred from Stanford. Congratulations! That’s a tough school to get into.)

You just changed the discussion. Never said we were aggressive. In fact, I said Heupel appropriately dialed it back for a reason. He played to win the game. Easier to change to subject than to continue to discussion.
You’re right VolGee4. We played the best game we could have. I’m glad we left with the W. GoVols

Reactions: Jimmy Football

VN Store

Back