Recruiting Football Talk VIII

If our defense was that dominant against Bama, then yes. He doesn’t care how; he just wants to win. This thinking is ridiculous to me. You assess your situation and make calls to win a game. It’s about probabilities. Our football coach knows what he’s doing.

If we need to score more, then he will be more aggressive. Quite simple.
Yeah it's really not that complicated. Idiot fans that think there is only 1 way to give your team the best chance to win and that way is constant aggressive pressure play-calling are most likely entirely fans that don't fully understand the game of football.

If our defense was that dominant against Bama, then yes. He doesn’t care how; he just wants to win. This thinking is ridiculous to me. You assess your situation and make calls to win a game. It’s about probabilities. Our football coach knows what he’s doing.

If we need to score more, then he will be more aggressive. Quite simple.
Please don’t get me wrong. I’m pumped that we won. Some people have a just win mentalaity and some people have a kick your ass mentality. I have the latter. I also saw when we wanted to score or pass the ball we did. I also saw us do run plays right into the teeth of their defense To run clock. I just want to wimp our oppomnets ass as much as possible. When we play Bama, Florida, and Georgia they won’t extend us the courtesy of a run heavy second half until they have our ass wooped So when we have the chance to do so against a strong team you do it

Reactions: Hardy
UT beat a top 15 team in primetime on the road with an electric atmosphere, and we’re not completely satisfied. That just shows how far we’ve come in just 4 years. 2017-2020 was the lowest of lows in UT history.

Complaining about not being perfect is SO much better than complaining about wanting to be competitive.

Please don’t get me wrong. I’m pumped that we won. Some people have a just win mentalaity and some people have a kick your ass mentality. I have the latter. I also saw when we wanted to score or pass the ball we did. I also saw us do run plays right into the teeth of their defense To run clock. I just want to wimp our oppomnets ass as much as possible. When we play Bama, Florida, and Georgia they won’t extend us the courtesy of a run heavy second half until they have our ass wooped So when we have the chance to do so against a strong team you do it
You call plays to win a game. When you drop back a bunch of times with a depleted OL and freshman QB, you run the chance of turning the ball over. Has nothing to do with not wanting to whip them. You run the chance of losing if you turn it over. It’s not complicated.

UT beat a top 15 team in primetime on the road with an electric atmosphere, and we’re not completely satisfied. That just shows how far we’ve come in just 4 years. 2017-2020 was the lowest of lows in UT history

Complaining about not being perfect is SO much better than complaining about wanting to be competitive.
Not to mention we have a coach with a near masterful grasp of the flow of a game. He saw what was happening and responded to it appropriately. Incredibly, most coaches cannot or simply will not do that.

Come on man...they are nowhere near Heard in ability or performance. Heard being out against this front 7 is really really bad.

Their front 7 is really big and really good...they will eat Davis or Johnson either one up.

God bless those fellas...they do their best, but they just aren't good enough to do anymore than spell the starters.
My crow doesn’t taste good just so you know :). Happy to admit when I’m wrong

Reactions: MockingVol

VN Store

Back