Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I posted this in the game thread about J. McCoy and want others to see it. Huge play.

Jermod McCoy made one of the smartest football plays I have ever seen on that offsides. He saw the DR (I think Pearce) jump into the neutral zone and immediately extended his arms and used both hands to make contact with the OK receiver as the ball was snapped to cause the whistle and keep OK from having a free play to take a shot. Watch the play if you get a chance.

Phenomenal awareness....McCoy is a HUGE addition and is a future NFL CB. His timing on coverage hits to separate the ball is elite, he has great speed and physicality and incredible instincts and football IQ. Best DB we have had in a long time
Jermod McCoy deserves the player of the game. Great play all around. Even when the one downfield pass was overthrown, McCoy woulda been there to defend it. Totally shut down half the passing game.

We’ve got stars at all three levels of the defense.

No. Mebbe they’re used to it. Remember when ours was horrendous for a stretch under Butch? But our RBs slipping and whatever happened to Squirrel on that fielding punt was obviously horrid.
I watched Okie last week and the field was terrible, but sandy. I think by the looks of things they may have re-sodded the whole field this week. That made it even worse this week, but I guess it was the right thing to do long term. I have no idea how long it takes sod to become stable.

I watched them last week and the field was terrible, but sandy. I think by the looks of things they may have re-sodded the whole field this week. That made it even worse this week, but I guess it was the right thing to do long term. I have no idea how long it takes sod to become stable.

Yes almost guaranteed they re sodded this week to turn it around from last week. Atrocious conditions before it set in clearly

I posted this in the game thread about J. McCoy and want others to see it. Huge play.

Jermod McCoy made one of the smartest football plays I have ever seen on that offsides. He saw the DR (I think Pearce) jump into the neutral zone and immediately extended his arms and used both hands to make contact with the OK receiver as the ball was snapped to cause the whistle and keep OK from having a free play to take a shot. Watch the play if you get a chance.

Phenomenal awareness....McCoy is a HUGE addition and is a future NFL CB. His timing on coverage hits to separate the ball is elite, he has great speed and physicality and incredible instincts and football IQ. Best DB we have had in a long time
McCoy seems like he has it all. Instincts to play the ball and can hit. Might end up being the best db we’ve had since the GOAT EB14. Also can play man and zone.

A few ATROCIOUS calls by the refs gravely affected the score.

1. The fumble recovery TD that was ruled an incomplete pass and led to 2nd oklahoma TD
2. the 50 yd pass to Thornton (down at the 8) that was called back due to a phantom holding
3. Missed pass interference on the 30yd throw to Bru that would've taken us down to the 22, for at least a FG.

that's a 23 point swing...maybe 27

Would've made it 42-9 (or 46-9).

Squirrels dropped pass may have ended up with us scoring a TD instead of a FG...

so then it's 46-9 or 50-9...

IMHO, that's a much more appropriate score for the game that we just dominated on D. Even despite the conservative playcalling and complete tomfoolery by the refs. And that trash field and being down a couple OL.

@InVOLuntary

You ready to take back all the bad things you've said about Tim Banks? I am in love with this defense. We're getting pressure, we're making tackles, we're flying to the ball. Is it just me, or are we tackling better this year than we have in a long time? And I love that we're not afraid to lay the big hit. This has been the type of Tennessee defense I've always loved to watch.

Reactions: Brillovol

Did not notice that but I do believe you are right. Joseph also made two huge plays stripping the ball. They got lucky on one, but the second one was huge.

Reactions: Brillovol
A few ATROCIOUS calls by the refs gravely affected the score.

1. The fumble recovery TD that was ruled an incomplete pass and led to 2nd oklahoma TD
2. the 50 yd pass to Thornton (down at the 8) that was called back due to a phantom holding
3. Missed pass interference on the 30yd throw to Bru that would've taken us down to the 22, for at least a FG.

that's a 23 point swing...maybe 27

Would've made it 42-9 (or 46-9).

Squirrels dropped pass may have ended up with us scoring a TD instead of a FG...

so then it's 46-9 or 50-9...

IMHO, that's a much more appropriate score for the game that we just dominated on D. Even despite the conservative playcalling and complete tomfoolery by the refs. And that trash field and being down a couple OL.
The pass that was a fumble or whatever would not have mattered because they called roughing the passer.

VN Store

Back