Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Joshua Josephs is just a good as James Pearce both will have long careers in NFL barring a devastating injury.
Starting to think the pressure is in Pearce's head. He's come so close so many times, dude is moving around. Off edge, standing up, stunting. That play he got a half a sack, hoping that will get monkey off his back.

He's definitely in QB's mind. On one play, he was standing up, DL comes out of nowhere for sack. Has to be intimidating as an opposing QB. You have to account for him every play, then out of nowhere you get slapped by another dude.

The fumble wouldn’t have been a TD bc the OL recovered it. The play would have been dead at that point. The replay didn’t go long enough for me to tell if the defender pulled away and we kept hold of the jersey. We won and that is all that matters… It feels great to be a Vol!!!
The play was not dead as there was no whistle and after the offensive lineman recovered, he then fumbled himself.

The penalty that was called there was super whack too. Penalties should not be viewed as “black and white”. When there is incidental contact like that the flag should not be thrown.

Thoughts on the game:

1) It has to be said, the refs were atrocious. I know some hate to hear it, but the zebras obviously slanted the Sooners' way. Seemed like we could just look at them wrong and draw a flag. Meanwhile, I saw missed holding calls where they were grabbing our DL, I saw an uncalled facemask on Bishop, and I saw an uncalled PI on the Sooners. We got very few calls. I don't want preferential treatment, but goodness, call the game the same both ways.

2) Our defense is good. I mean really good. It makes me happy. DL and LBs are obviously the strength of our D, but our secondary doesn't suck. I'm on the verge of taking back every bad thing I've ever said about Willie Mo.

3) Our offense still has a ways to go. Nico has to protect the ball better. We need to get our OL healthy. When Campbell went out, you could see we were in trouble. It still bothers me that Elarbee has no one ready to fill the void. I see it as a failure in coaching, but I'm sure someone will get offended on his behalf over that remark. Compare our DL depth to our OL depth, and you will see a vast difference. Garner has his guys ready. Elarbee has the starters ready, but that's about it.

4) Heupel never really went for the kill. We won, and ultimately, that's all that matters, but I was hoping for more trickery and scoring. Is he saving it for Bama and Georgia? Was he taking it easy on his alma mater? There just weren't as many of the dynamic plays he has spoiled us with. But again, we won, and that's all that really matters.
Here's the thing with the gripers, the majority of them are trying to make themselves look knowledgeable or spewing a lot of false macho crap. You don't come across that way. Coach is not going to publicly make excuses, BUT the vast majority of complaints about Offense comes down to one thing. The FIELD. Been there. Do what you have to do and pray nobody gets hurt or lack of footing leads to a major error. I'll bet that behind the scenes the league office will hear about it, but publicly not so much.

Sitting with mu buddy, who's a Vandy Alum. Was hard to watch a background of white boulders get into the head of a kicker. Similarly to a middle aged man bricking a completely uncontested layup in Church League...bc of double rims.

Missouri should be ashamed, boulder fields are intimidating,!dangerous, wreckless, and unethical. Someone will really get hurt. unfair advantage.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Sitting with mu buddy, who's a Vandy Alum. Was hard to watch a background of white boulders get into the head of a kicker. Similarly to a middle aged man bricking a completely uncontested layup in Church League...bc of double rims.

Missouri should be ashamed, boulder fields are intimidating,!dangerous, wreckless, and unethical. Someone will really get hurt. unfair advantage.
This may get hate replies but Vanderbilt isn't as bad as some believe. Are they going to win 10 games? No but they're 2 plays away from being 4-0 and 1-0 in conference. Not too bad when your whole offense is built around a scrambling QB.

VN Store

Back