Recruiting Football Talk VIII

The play was not dead as there was no whistle and after the offensive lineman recovered, he then fumbled himself.

The penalty that was called there was super whack too. Penalties should not be viewed as “black and white”. When there is incidental contact like that the flag should not be thrown.
It doesn’t matter if the whistle was blown or not…Once there is a clear recovery by the offense…. he is not allowed to advance the ball in college football.

I don’t like the rule of hitting above the shoulders… It should be a direct head contact. It makes it a very subjective call.

This may get hate replies but Vanderbilt isn't as bad as some believe. Are they going to win 10 games? No but they're 2 plays away from being 4-0 and 1-0 in conference. Not too bad when your whole offense is built around a scrambling QB.
Will Pavia make it to the Tennessee game? He’s taking a lot of hits already, and they really haven’t gotten to the more physical teams on their schedule.

Some Sunday thoughts from a guy that only shows up random now.

- CJH has grown as a coach. He didn’t allow this win to be snatched from his defense and ST. That Oklahoma defense was a perfect tune-up for Bama and Georgia.
- We have speed all over the field.
- We make other teams pay when they possess the ball. Hardest hitting team I’ve seen since 2002. This secondary HITS! These linebackers HIT! This DL is absolutely savage! The ST's are so aggressive! Our offense is physical!
- We have true leaders on offense (Mays) and defense (Pili) and it's so refreshing to see. They lead by example and flat get the job done.
- This team is unselfish.
- Our fanbase is a religion and Neyland is our cathedral. Volunteer fans are a different breed whether home or on the road.

Enjoy the bye week everyone. My boys are attending UCF (We owe a lot of thanks to UCF BTW) and hopefully will watch the Knights beat on Colorado next week. I will miss the Arkansas game the week after for good reason. I will be in France and will finally put my hands in the beaches of Normandy where my Grandfather landed and fought 80 years ago. I will be back for the Florida game. Love you all. Hug your families and appreciate all your blessings.

1 safety
1 pick
2 fumbles
3 sacks (27 yards)
11 TFL (45 yards)
2 4th down stops
2 2-pt conversions stopped
1.1 yards per rush attempt

choklahoma had 80 yards after 3 quarters...
Fowler at one point said OK had run the ball 23 times, and had been contacted in the backfield or LOS 18 of those times. That’s wild.

God bless Dayne Davis, but he’s not a left tackle. I think O-line injuries lead to conservative play calling and leaning on the defense, but what a performance. Going into a hostile environment and controlling the game is impressive. Final score doesn’t reflect how dominant we were all game.
I don’t think he’s as bad as he looked last night. Just a bad game for him. He will be better if we need him again.

VN Store

Back