Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Arnold has some Will Levis catastrophic turnover in him
It was Tennessee's defense. :D
I think that OL was bad. OU fans think the backup will be the savior, but they're going to realize why he was the backup once teams get some film on him.

There's only so much you can do with a bad OL. Add in your top 3 wr being out, no qb will look good. If we hadn't gone ultra conservative, the new guy probably wouldn't have scored either.

Reactions: triadvolfan
I was watching a post game show that pointed out the drive where we handed the ball to Sampson 8 straight times all the way to a score. I didn't realize that at the time. That was a bone crushing, demoralizing, statement drive. That had to hurt Oklahoma's feelings.
That was the drive that put us up 19-3 towards end of 2nd quarter.

Yeah I had that thought, And I thought but Ms St??? Surely he’ll have better options.
He was a top QB recruit, so a lot of others recruited him also
He wouldn’t have to worry about losing his starting position.

Less pressure, don’t have expectations to win 9+ wins every year. He gets coached by the guy that recruited him.

Would be the smartest decision for him, imo

He wouldn’t have to worry about losing his starting position.

Less pressure, don’t have expectations to win 9+ wins every year. He gets coached by the guy that recruited him.

Would be the smartest decision for him, imo
None of those reasons you gave make sense. Who cares about expectations and being coached by the guy who recruited you?

That would be one of the worst decisions ever. The kid is still a potential nfl qb, he doesn't need to mail in his career and go to a crappy school with low expectations because his qb coach would be someone who recruited him.

And it's a moot point anyway because he'll be right back out there once the backup performs even worse than he did once teams are able to game plan for him. And once OU gets their OL together and isn't missing all 3 of their starting WR, he'll look like a good qb. The only reason they brought in the backup is because he's more mobile, and that's all that matters until the OL gets better.

Trash like this has to be cracked down on. It creates an unfair advantage, but more importantly, it’s risking severe injury to the players!
It wasn't an unfair advantage, they have to play on it too. Their field has been crappy all year, they didn't change it just for us. Their fans hate it as much as we do.

It does risk injury, and I suspect the field is partially to blame for the dozens of injuries plaguing their team.

Feedback from friends that traveled.

The fan experience was excellent. it would be hard for us not to cheer for OU the remaining of their season.

Their fans are great. Tailgates welcome to all, food and beverage ,you name it. Just good people that love their team and school but decent humans to opposing fans that travel.
My parents were there with friends. Went to eat Friday night and met a few fans. Went to pay for their dinner and the Oklahoma fan had picked up the tab for the entire group. They also said all the fans were super nice and welcoming.

VN Store

Back