Recruiting Football Talk VIII

“He was working with Bru McCoy, Squirrel White, Chris Brazzell and Ethan Davis during Sunday’s portion.”

I feel like we can win a championship with this lineup and Nico.

I believe UT has the power in the trenches with the depth of the DL and the experience of the OL.

This is probably the best collective group of linemen we’ve had since the early mid 00s. I believe it was AP and Hubbs that both agreed that this is the best OL Tennessee has had since 01 and 04 and also the best collective DL since 01.

Last edited:
I believe UT has the power in the trenches with the depth of the DL and the experience of the OL.

This is probably the best collective group of linemen we’ve had since the early mid 00s. I believe it was AP and Hubbs that both agreed that this is the best OL Tennessee has had since 01 and 04 and also the best collective DL since 01.
1722789109741.gif

Any idea how staff feels about Boo Carter with Thomas being out for the year? Should we prepare for Will Brooks time? @KingVFL
Such a bummer. Thomas is someone loved on the team. Just hate it for him. Total freak accident too. Non-contact.

Boo would’ve pushed him this year regardless though and honestly I think would’ve bumped him back to Safety by the end of the year. Jourdan was 100% one of our top 3 guys and I would’ve liked to have played Boo at Star and Jourdan/Turrentine at Safety.

Boo will get every chance to be the starter come the first game of the year. If he isn’t starting, it’ll be on him in my opinion.

We’ll likely still need to have someone else there though to help so will be interesting to see if we cross-train Christian Charles (probably other starting S right now if he stays healthy), Will Brooks (smart kid and can be Swiss Army knife), Jalen McMurray (do it all guy but lightweight to play star and probably 3rd CB). My guess is Brooks and McMurray get more run there as a (hopefully) back-ups but we need Boo to go take the starting job.

VN Store

Back