Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Easy money? I read a couple of years ago that it was high in demand for easy money if you know where it grows and where you can get top dollar for it. That’s a sad way and reason to get cash.
There is nothing easy about it and prices fluctuate wildly...it is really hard to find in enough quantity that you can harvest in a short enough period to make any real money.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
I left Monday morning at 5am for a day full of appts. Spent the night and had more appts Tuesday. Came home Tuesday evening. Walking that hospital wears me out. Takes me a few days to recover.

But yes, I'll be the copilot/radio controller if needed, lol.
I feel you buddy. I’m not looking forward to this and rather my son not be there. Sigh, I remember and has stuck with me, when I was in boot camp and I had to go to sick bay because of my boots were causing blisters (you have to work them in). My Company Commander told me “If anyone keeps going to sick bay, they’ll eventually find something wrong”. No, I’m my grandmother’s child and you always smear a layer of dirt on it and you’ll be fine type of gal and the only time I went to sick bay, and no, I’ll have control of the radio, it’s always been our deal. Rambling over. So? I’m nervous, but I need distraction. How did it go? Or did I miss you posting about it.

What is everyone’s thoughts on Nico? So far in the SEC, Nico is:
7th in attempts
6th in completions
5th in completion %
6th in yards
3rd in avg
Tied for 6th in TDs
4th QB rating

Nico is throwing for about 223 yards per game. Which puts him on pace to have about 2600 yards passing. As far as passing TDs, he is on pace for about 24. He has 117 yards rushing and 1 rushing TD. That’s good for about 29 yards per game. Which would put him on pace for about 350 yards rushing total.

So is Nico about where you thought he would be? Better? Or worse?
He’s doing great. We are a very balanced offense. People think we are air raid. Also he’s played only two games until the 4th quarter and two games he hasn’t played past halftime. Heupel is playing to win games not pad Nico’s stats and he said a sky h when he dialed it back in the second half against Oklahoma. Think about that for second… how far have we come that we are trusting our defense for a whole half on the road at a blue bloods venue.

On the flip side if this Lane Kiffin is doing the opposite. He’s letting Jaxson Dart over inflate his stats every game.

Good lortuhmighty...😳🤯

How do his numbers compare to Ohtani's?
Ohtani’s overall Value is depressed because he doesn’t play the field.

But even looking at just Offensive oWAR, Judge is better by 3 Wins (which is a ton).

Aaron Judge - oWAR - 11.6

1727405020682.png

Shohei Ohtani - oWAR - 8.7

1727405103153.png

Last edited:
What is everyone’s thoughts on Nico? So far in the SEC, Nico is:
7th in attempts
6th in completions
5th in completion %
6th in yards
3rd in avg
Tied for 6th in TDs
4th QB rating

Nico is throwing for about 223 yards per game. Which puts him on pace to have about 2600 yards passing. As far as passing TDs, he is on pace for about 24. He has 117 yards rushing and 1 rushing TD. That’s good for about 29 yards per game. Which would put him on pace for about 350 yards rushing total.

So is Nico about where you thought he would be? Better? Or worse?
He’s been really good. He’s still sooooo green.

He’s doing great. We are a very balanced offense. People think we are air raid. Also he’s played only two games until the 4th quarter and two games he hasn’t played past halftime. Heupel is playing to win games not pad Nico’s stats and he said a sky h when he dialed it back in the second half against Oklahoma. Think about that for second… how far have we come that we are trusting our defense for a whole half on the road at a blue bloods venue.

On the flip side if this Lane Kiffin is doing the opposite. He’s letting Jaxson Dart over inflate his stats every game.

I agree

I’d add every game this year he’s made at least one really elite throw - the crossing route to Thorton was amazing. He makes throws I haven’t seen a UT QB make, so it’s fun to watch and I’m not worried about him at all. Glad he has a defense so he can develop steadily.

I feel you buddy. I’m not looking forward to this and rather my son not be there. Sigh, I remember and has stuck with me, when I was in boot camp and I had to go to sick bay because of my boots were causing blisters (you have to work them in). My Company Commander told me “If anyone keeps going to sick bay, they’ll eventually find something wrong”. No, I’m my grandmother’s child and you always smear a layer of dirt on it and you’ll be fine type of gal and the only time I went to sick bay, and no, I’ll have control of the radio, it’s always been our deal. Rambling over. So? I’m nervous, but I need distraction. How did it go? Or did I miss you posting about it.
I will control the radio.

My visit went okay. Have to go for a cardiac stress test in a few months. Waiting on the results of a CT scan. But all the blood tests were okay.

VN Store

Back