Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I’m glad we won but this game plan was to not beat them bad and just win. We looked like a shell of our team. I know Josh huepel went to school there but we could have won by so much more. Go Vols but this was just a shell of our potential. I’m happy for the win but we hit the brakes and not the gas for most of the game.
The Vols will destroy the sooners in Neyland next season for

16-0 🤠

Part II

As we all know, college football is more than just a game. My dad is in his late 70s, has cancer, and doesn’t have a lot of energy. He typically goes to bed early. I talked to my mom a few days after the Oklahoma win. She said, “Your dad stayed up and watched that whole game THEN he watched all that after talk they do. The next day he watched more of that talk and then a replay of the game.”

I could tell just from what she said it was an important win to him after all these years of disappointment. I’m thankful for that. I did talk to him about it later and he’s obviously excited about the season.

#Can'tFinish
the-office-thats-what-she-said.gif

As we all know, college football is more than just a game. My dad is in his late 70s, has cancer, and doesn’t have a lot of energy. He typically goes to bed early. I talked to my mom a few days after the Oklahoma win. She said, “Your dad stayed up and watched that whole game THEN he watched all that after talk they do. The next day he watched more of that talk and then a replay of the game.”

I could tell just from what she said it was an important win to him after all these years of disappointment. I’m thankful for that. I did talk to him about it later and he’s obviously excited about the season.
Man that's encouraging.

Warning:

Any nega posting for the next 24 hours will land you on my ignore list.
It’s absolutely embarrassing that the best presidential candidates that the USA can come up with are running for president in November. It’s really a sad commentary on the state of our country.

Some would call that Nega.
Some would call that Realism.
It just makes me sad.

Am I on your ignore list now? 😎

That is great. Good for your dad. Makes me happy just hearing about it.

Last edited:
I guarantee you there are billions if not trillions that have been put in bills over the years for those kinds of things. A small fraction of it ever actually makes it's way to what it was earmarked for.
Anything that is earmarked for infrastructure in any bill should be called by its real name, slush fund.

No, you just don’t know anything about the Titans who you openly said you don’t follow yet try to say they do everything wrong lmao
I mean, they've done a lot wrong. You don't have to be a dedicated Titan's fan to see that. I watch games, follow stats, etc. And I think you know they've effed up a lot, you just don't want to admit it for some reason. They need to do better. They need to draft better. They need to hit the FA market better. They need to be run better than they have been. There's a lot to fix about the Titans. That's just a sad fact, and not meant to tease you. I'd honestly like to see them do better. But I don't see it happening with Levis.

And seeing DH go out there and tear it up in a Ravens' uniform. That stings. Sorry if that offends, but I hate how the Titans handled that.

Reactions: Glitch
I watched the whole game. You must not have. Like I said he had an average of 11 yards per pass. Short throws count. You said inaccurate passes everywhere in the second half which was demonstrably false. I love Nico but right now he is not better than Milroe. He definitely will be. But not right now.
Look troll, Nico is a far better qb right now than Milroe and after awhile it will be ludicrous to even compare them. Alabama would sacrifice Saban to Satan to get Nico. Milroe is Joe Milton with better wheels. Nico is going to be the first overall pick of the 2026 NFL draft.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
It pissed me off...they come out against us being super aggressive on defense, and playing with their hair on fire, and came out last night playing Charmin soft and passive until it was too late...what in the heck was Kirby thinking with that squishy defense?

I hope they do that against us...but they won't.
Ueah
Looked like he played a ton of zone
Probably won’t see that the rest of the year

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Look troll, Nico is a far better qb right now than Milroe and after awhile it will be ludicrous to even compare them. Alabama would sacrifice Saban to Satan to get Nico. Milroe is Joe Milton with better wheels. Nico is going to be the first overall pick of the 2026 NFL draft.
Im willing to admit Milroe has some Lamar Jackson in his game that makes him tougher to handle than a Joe Milton, but even Lamar Jackson is limited in the nfl because he is not the most advanced passer but obviously elite in the pocket.

Take away the outside against Bama and let him beat you with his arm and not his legs will be the winning ticket. Suffocate him in the pocket. We have the defense to do that…

I mean, they've done a lot wrong. You don't have to be a dedicated Titan's fan to see that. I watch games, follow stats, etc. And I think you know they've effed up a lot, you just don't want to admit it for some reason. They need to do better. They need to draft better. They need to hit the FA market better. They need to be run better than they have been. There's a lot to fix about the Titans. That's just a sad fact, and not meant to tease you. I'd honestly like to see them do better. But I don't see it happening with Levis.

And seeing DH go out there and tear it up in a Ravens' uniform. That stings. Sorry if that offends, but I hate how the Titans handled that.
I have admitted their faults when I see them. The previous GM put a good roster together that made a great run (and the players choked) and then he quickly put that roster he built in this situation and he got fired quickly Because of it.

Stuck in his ways Vrabel then got fired for his performance.

The last 2 drafts they have drafted needs. Skoronski (hasn’t played great) but was a bonafide top 10 pick, and Latham (has played pretty well in weeks 2&3).

Idk what else you could expect a team to do in FA than what they did this year. It was an incredible run of free agents. Did you not pay attention?

It was time for Derrick to go, but they should have gotten a draft pick or 2 for him for sure. I blame that on AAS and Vrabel both

The irony in this (call me defensive if you like) but you people can’t seem to acknowledge when they do GOOD things. That’s why I respond.

Criticize all you want, but give credit where it’s due (even though it’s hard for you and especially hard for Jack)

Reactions: SoilVol
I have admitted their faults when I see them. The previous GM put a good roster together that made a great run (and the players choked) and then he quickly put that roster he built in this situation and he got fired quickly Because of it.

Stuck in his ways Vrabel then got fired for his performance.

The last 2 drafts they have drafted needs. Skoronski (hasn’t played great) but was a bonafide top 10 pick, and Latham (has played pretty well in weeks 2&3).

Idk what else you could expect a team to do in FA than what they did this year. It was an incredible run of free agents. Did you not pay attention?

The irony in this (call me defensive if you like) but you people can’t seem to acknowledge when they do GOOD things. That’s why I respond.

Criticize all you want, but give credit where it’s due (even though it’s hard for you and especially hard for Jack)
They need to do more for their OL. That, to me, is where they failed in FA. You yourself made a comment about using a first-round pick on OL again. As is, they're throwing a young QB out there with little to no protection from his OL. Not that I think it would actually help Levis, but it will help their next QB.

As for acknowledging the good, I think they did a good job in FA with the defense.

But Levis still sucks.

They need to do more for their OL. That, to me, is where they failed in FA. You yourself made a comment about using a first-round pick on OL again. As is, they're throwing a young QB out there with little to no protection from his OL. Not that I think it would actually help Levis, but it will help their next QB.

As for acknowledging the good, I think they did a good job in FA with the defense.

But Levis still sucks.
A team can only do so much each offseason via FA. The titans addressed a sh*t load of needs and even signed a top 10 center in the league. I guess you also don’t think signing Ridley was a good thing to provide another weapon (that they’ve been short of since doing the godawful trade of AJ Brown)?

They have the youngest OL in the league with arguably the best OL coach. They’re 3 games into playing together, so maybe they’ll gel as the season goes on. RT has to be much better so that’s the biggest issue

A team can only do so much each offseason via FA. The titans addressed a sh*t load of needs and even signed a top 10 center in the league. I guess you also don’t think signing Ridley was a good thing to provide another weapon (that they’ve been short of since doing the godawful trade of AJ Brown)?

They have the youngest OL in the league with arguably the best OL coach. They’re 3 games into playing together, so maybe they’ll gel as the season goes on. RT has to be much better so that’s the biggest issue
They also signed the best free agent C in Cushenberry.

Reactions: SoilVol and mrMet

VN Store

Back