Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I have admitted their faults when I see them. The previous GM put a good roster together that made a great run (and the players choked) and then he quickly put that roster he built in this situation and he got fired quickly Because of it.

Stuck in his ways Vrabel then got fired for his performance.

The last 2 drafts they have drafted needs. Skoronski (hasn’t played great) but was a bonafide top 10 pick, and Latham (has played pretty well in weeks 2&3).

Idk what else you could expect a team to do in FA than what they did this year. It was an incredible run of free agents. Did you not pay attention?

It was time for Derrick to go, but they should have gotten a draft pick or 2 for him for sure. I blame that on AAS and Vrabel both

The irony in this (call me defensive if you like) but you people can’t seem to acknowledge when they do GOOD things. That’s why I respond.

Criticize all you want, but give credit where it’s due (even though it’s hard for you and especially hard for Jack)
Generally, you don't get atta-boys for merely doing your job, but you get criticisms for failures. NFL teams are products just like anything else. If a restaurant repeatedly brings you rotten steaks, you aren't talking about the fact that there weren't many lumps in the mashed potatoes.

I refuse to go back to the Cheddars restaurant here. I went three times and it was greasy, nasty, ugly--unappealing in nearly every way, every time. The waitress was nice and did a good job keeping my water topped off. But I don't go back, and when I tell people why, I never mention the full water glasses.

Generally, you don't get atta-boys for merely doing your job, but you get criticisms for failures. NFL teams are products just like anything else. If a restaurant repeatedly brings you rotten steaks, you aren't talking about the fact that there weren't many lumps in the mashed potatoes.

I refuse to go back to the Cheddars restaurant here. I went three times and it was greasy, nasty, ugly--unappealing in nearly every way, every time. The waitress was nice and did a good job keeping my water topped off. But I don't go back, and when I tell people why, I never mention the full water glasses.
So the new GM and new HC should still receive blame for the previous one’s mistakes?

Got it

Reactions: SoilVol
Im willing to admit Milroe has some Lamar Jackson in his game that makes him tougher to handle than a Joe Milton, but even Lamar Jackson is limited in the nfl because he is not the most advanced passer but obviously elite in the pocket.

Take away the outside against Bama and let him beat you with his arm and not his legs will be the winning ticket. Suffocate him in the pocket. We have the defense to do that…
I agree. I think that Kirby did not have confidence in his defensive line being able to do that and it was safer to play zone and count on rallying to the ball carrier. I don't think he was confident that he could bring pressure and press man.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
So the new GM and new HC should still receive blame for the previous one’s mistakes?

Got it
The Titans absolutely deserve it. They still suck. The new management may turn it around, at which time some people may decide to give them another chance. Some may not. You'll be expending a lot of useless energy trying to get all the disillusioned folks to talk about the mashed potatoes and water while the steak still smells funky as ****.

If you live in these steep sided river valleys in the Appalachians...sooner or later your number is going to come up and a huge storm is going to drop a foot or more of rain in a small amount of time on you...it is inevitable. It is actually shocking to me that a catastrophe like this hasn't happened more often in that area.

If you live in these steep sided river valleys in the Appalachians...sooner or later your number is going to come up and a huge storm is going to drop a foot or more of rain in a small amount of time on you...it is inevitable. It is actually shocking to me that a catastrophe like this hasn't happened more often in that area.
Yeah, I was concerned for N GA and SC. They did get a ton of rain there, but I didn't anticipate W NC and NE TN getting hit so bad.

It's just undathomable that some of those areas got 4 FEET of rain during this storm - in probably the worst areas you'd want excessive rain for the reasons you mentioned.

Nolichucky Dam had almost twice the flow rate of Niagra Falls.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
As we all know, college football is more than just a game. My dad is in his late 70s, has cancer, and doesn’t have a lot of energy. He typically goes to bed early. I talked to my mom a few days after the Oklahoma win. She said, “Your dad stayed up and watched that whole game THEN he watched all that after talk they do. The next day he watched more of that talk and then a replay of the game.”

I could tell just from what she said it was an important win to him after all these years of disappointment. I’m thankful for that. I did talk to him about it later and he’s obviously excited about the season.
Sorry to hear your dad has cancer. Awful disease.

Current mock drafts have the Titans taking Shaduer Sanders. How absurd-but-totally-Titan would that be?
I root for them. Am not invested in them so very casual fan but that would be the last straw for me. The leadership of that organization is absolutely dookie and has been since the Oilers days.

It’s absolutely embarrassing that the best presidential candidates that the USA can come up with are running for president in November. It’s really a sad commentary on the state of our country.

Some would call that Nega.
Some would call that Realism.
It just makes me sad.

Am I on your ignore list now? 😎
That's your opinion.

Yeah, I was concerned for N GA and SC. They did get a ton of rain there, but I didn't anticipate W NC and NE TN getting hit so bad.

It's just undathomable that some of those areas got 4 FEET of rain during this storm - in probably the worst areas you'd want excessive rain for the reasons you mentioned.

You’re not the only one still trying to process this…if you told me Newport could flood…i would have never believed you…I still don’t understand how it happened…everyone is mentioning a faulty dam but TVA says they upkeep the infrastructure …soooo negligence?… is the only thing I can think of…not even factoring in

(idk if anyone realizes this or not)…

the dams are obviously here in Tennessee but they’re actually controlled in Atlanta…so that alone never made any sense to me.we need people controlling something of that magnitude here..Atlanta can’t account for what’s going on in Tennessee…the whole situation has been disastrous…the national guard didn’t even show up until after the flooding happened not by their own doing of course because they wait on a some kind of disaster release before they can actually go and that comes from the president signing it before it’s passed down to the governor of the state and their usually in just before the disaster hits getting everyone evacuated.

No it connects through wifi. You can literally use it in the middle of the ocean.
I has the confuseds. When retirees say 'wifi' that can mean any number of things. It could mean the internet on their 'Iphone', since presumably that's what their children set up and have spent 5 years teaching them to make a phone call with.

Or, Wifi, can mean the internet at home. The internet they have to call and have tech support fix anytime the modem (thing with blinky lights) needs to be turned off and on.

Wi-Fi, to me is warrliss innernet. If you're using an app, i'm nor sure how the Starlink app communicates to their servers. Essentially does it require data connection to set itself up? Which to me seems redundant.

You probably have a better grasp of this than I do. So, for seeming ageist, and that I know better you have my sincerest my bads. That said, dinner is at 4.

Exactly...we've been hit up here 2-3 times since I've lived here, and as bad as those were..it could have been MUCH worse, sooner or later a massive storm like Helene is going to drop 3-4 feet in a short period on these mountains, and all these 12-15 foot flood walls they built after the 77 floods are going to get topped and we are going to be screwed.

I actually live on top of a 200 foot ridge so I don't really have to worry about my home getting destroyed...but the water treatment plant is right in the river so it's screwed, and a lot of the electric transmission lines are often close to the river..so they are screwed.

VN Store

Back