Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I has the confuseds. When retirees say 'wifi' that can mean any number of things. It could mean the internet on their 'Iphone', since presumably that's what their children set up and have spent 5 years teaching them to make a phone call with.

Or, Wifi, can mean the internet at home. The internet they have to call and have tech support fix anytime the modem (thing with blinky lights) needs to be turned off and on.

Wi-Fi, to me is warrliss innernet. If you're using an app, i'm nor sure how the Starlink app communicates to their servers. Essentially does it require data connection to set itself up? Which to me seems redundant.

You probably have a better grasp of this than I do. So, for seeming ageist, and that I know better you have my sincerest my bads. That said, dinner is at 4.
Lol. Let me man splain this to you.

You have to have the app initially, so you'd have to have either a cellular connection to Al Gore's world wide web, or to a Wi-Fi connection through some sort of other connection to the WWW to download the Starlink App. I downloaded the app to track my order from time of purchase.

After that, when you receive the equipment, one places the antenna on the ground (or anywhere with a clear view of the sky and plug the 50' cable into the antenna, it is some sort of fancy USBC cable. Then, you plug the other end of said cable into the modem/router. Plug the modem/router into a 120V standard wall outlet and the router/modem immediately starts searching for satellites and produces a wifi network and runs you through a setup where you can name the network, set a password, etc. Similar to setting up a new wifi router at your home.

After that if it's been deactivated through the app, you can simply reactivate by swiping a button on the app.

Yeah, I was concerned for N GA and SC. They did get a ton of rain there, but I didn't anticipate W NC and NE TN getting hit so bad.

It's just undathomable that some of those areas got 4 FEET of rain during this storm - in probably the worst areas you'd want excessive rain for the reasons you mentioned.

Nolichucky Dam had almost twice the flow rate of Niagra Falls.
By far the worst I've ever seen. I think it was Hugo that dumped all that rain in 77 . It didn't was away the new bridges that were built but there still not cleared and checked for safe passage. It washed away part of the water pump station that's about 5 stories high and there's a tree on top of what's left of the building. New pumps are arriving today but still may take some time to actually start pumping . It's a mess.

Reactions: SoilVol
What is everyone's thoughts on WR production so far this year?

Admittedly, its kind of hard to judge since we only got so many 1st & 2nd string reps against Kent St & Chatt. Then we didn't pass much against OK or NC State (~200 yards passing for each of those). Also, TEs have been a nice addition to the passing game with Staes, Kitselman, & Davis all getting involved.

Thornton has done well.
Bru is making great possession catches, a la Jauan. Also looks faster this year.
Squirrel has done okay.
Brazzell put up big numbers against Chatt & Kent St, but not much against OU & NCSU.

Should we pull the training wheels off Matthews & Staley?

What about Webb, Nimrod, Leacock?

Much ado about nothing?

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Yep exactly in the first half GA rushed 5 and got beat to the outside. I say rush 4 with a spy. Our Dline is better than Georgia especially at DE. Our front 4 can create havoc of their own and let Arian Carter spy at the second level. No point in bringing pressure with linebackers to give Milroe a chance to run away from contain. Keep him in the pocket where he can’t extend drives with his legs.

If we get dinked and dunked all game I’d take that over giving up big plays and losing contain any day
I have never seen UGA get abused on the edges like they did Saturday. Even back to Richt days. That 1st half was a damn clinic.

By far the worst I've ever seen. I think it was Hugo that dumped all that rain in 77 . It didn't was away the new bridges that were built but there still not cleared and checked for safe passage. It washed away part of the water pump station that's about 5 stories high and there's a tree on top of what's left of the building. New pumps are arriving today but still may take some time to actually start pumping . It's a mess.
My dad was at UT when Andrew hit and used to tell me that was pretty bad. As a kid, every time we drove to Knoxville he would point out ridgetops on the Plateau and say, "See those broken trees? That was from Andrew and they're still standing." He'd also tell me about the beetle-kill pines and which year he observed each pine stand go.... he's a nerd with a forestry degree - I come by it honest.

What is everyone's thoughts on WR production so far this year?

Admittedly, its kind of hard to judge since we only got so many 1st & 2nd string reps against Kent St & Chatt. Then we didn't pass much against OK or NC State (~200 yards passing for each of those). Also, TEs have been a nice addition to the passing game with Staes, Kitselman, & Davis all getting involved.

Thornton has done well.
Bru is making great possession catches, a la Jauan. Also looks faster this year.
Squirrel has done okay.
Brazzell put up big numbers against Chatt & Kent St, but not much against OU & NCSU.

Should we pull the training wheels off Matthews & Staley?

What about Webb, Nimrod, Leacock?

Much ado about nothing?
Brazzell - Makes plays when targeted, not a lot of drops. Not targeted as often as expected. Not big in big games yet.
Bru - Best consistent production thus far. Earning himself a pick in the draft. Big in big games.
Squirrel - disappointing. Manufacturing touches for him with modest production and several yard losses. A couple bad drops. Not his best season thus far.
Thornton - his best season thus far. He's a head-hunter. Big play machine due to speed. Imo should be targeted more, but we haven't see him in 50/50 contested play situations yet (where Bru and Brazzell excell).

Kitselman - way better than expected.
Staes - solid TE and will improve. Being productive.
Davis - still needs work on route running but I think his run blocking is what is keeping him off the field.

Nimrod - very solid WR. Has made plays when in. I haven't noted drops and seems to consistently get open.
Webb - similar to Nimrod but haven't seen him as often get looks.

Leacock, Matthews, and Staley haven't had enough opportunities (sans Matthews's touchdown in garbage time) to make any assessments imo

Yep exactly in the first half GA rushed 5 and got beat to the outside. I say rush 4 with a spy. Our Dline is better than Georgia especially at DE. Our front 4 can create havoc of their own and let Arian Carter spy at the second level. No point in bringing pressure with linebackers to give Milroe a chance to run away from contain. Keep him in the pocket where he can’t extend drives with his legs.

If we get dinked and dunked all game I’d take that over giving up big plays and losing contain any day
still difficult to spy Milroe... guy has elite speed and can leave a LB looking foolish. Need to be ready to pounce the second he squirts out of a gap and disciplined in maintaining the edge

VN Store

Back