Recruiting Football Talk VIII

To add a few things the staff would like to see for the first scrimmage on Friday.

Does Boo Carter take advantage of his opportunity and make plays? - Staff is looking for him to do his job and make plays. If he looks lost, Will Brooks may start there.
Defense has looked good, specifically D-Line. - Defense is usually ahead early in camp, does the offense show some spark in the scrimmage?
Staff is placing a priority on managing injuries - specifically at O-Line, RB, and WR. A few are nicked up but would probably play if it was a game situation. Look for the staff to play a lot of young guys.
Behind Nico, Staff is also interested to see how Merklinger handles a game like situation. He's been a bit up and down so far but to be fair he's a true FR.

August 6, 1945
US drops the first Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima, Japan.

After President Roosevelt died on April 12th, 1945, it became Harry Truman’s job to decide how to end the war. The thought of invading Japan gave Truman and his advisors pause. The war had shown that the Japanese were fighting for the Emperor who convinced them that it was better to die than surrender. Women and children had been taught how to kill with basic weapons. Japanese kamikaze pilots could turn planes into guided missiles. The cost of invasion, they knew, would be high.

Upon becoming president, Harry Truman learned of the Manhattan Project, a secret scientific effort to create an atomic bomb. After a successful test of the weapon, Truman issued the Potsdam Declaration demanding the unconditional surrender of the Japanese government, warning of “prompt and utter destruction.” Eleven days later, on August 6, 1945, having received no reply, an American bomber called the Enola Gay left the Tinian Island in route toward Japan. In the belly of the bomber was “Little Boy,” an atomic bomb. At 8:15 am Hiroshima time, “Little Boy” was dropped. The result was approximately 80,000 deaths in just the first few minutes. Thousands died later from radiation sickness.

View attachment 665174
August 6, 1890, the first person ever executed by the electric chair. It was a murderer in New York.

I almost posted that, but the bomb.........come on. :confused:
why-not-both.gif

I'm not going to melt down; but, I will be EXTREMELY disappointed with 8-4. I don't give a sh!t about projections, or what talking heads are saying, or ANY of that bullsh!t. We return 3/5 OL (those 3 have played A LOT of football together), adding a massive 5* LT to it. We're loaded at skill positions and TE. We return a Top 5 DL in the country, with the best pass rusher in ALL the land; and, our LBs are as big, fast, and athletic as we've had in over a decade, with Arion Carter primed to become a star. Secondary has as many bodies with speed, athleticism, and length as we've seen in a very long time. And, our QB is one of the best in the nation, primed to become THE best. I don't care how young he is, the kid is ready...and everyone knows it.

While yes, depth is still not where we want it to be, we're still good to ok into the 2's and 3's at most positions. No, we cant drop like flies everywhere, but i think we can hold up depth wise, if need be...just cant have a disaster with injuries. We just CANNOT let anything happen to #8. That happens, we'll drop off big time!

I'm absolutely expecting to make that playoff, bar none. We are as good or better than at least 10 of those teams in front of us in the coach's poll. Going to be tough going into Athens (we play up to our potential and talent, stay poised, we can hang with them, though, imo); but, every other game, I expect to win, plain and simple.
Smh..here we go..😒

I'm not going to melt down; but, I will be EXTREMELY disappointed with 8-4. I don't give a sh!t about projections, or what talking heads are saying, or ANY of that bullsh!t. We return 3/5 OL (those 3 have played A LOT of football together), adding a massive 5* LT to it. We're loaded at skill positions and TE. We return a Top 5 DL in the country, with the best pass rusher in ALL the land; and, our LBs are as big, fast, and athletic as we've had in over a decade, with Arion Carter primed to become a star. Secondary has as many bodies with speed, athleticism, and length as we've seen in a very long time. And, our QB is one of the best in the nation, primed to become THE best. I don't care how young he is, the kid is ready...and everyone knows it.

While yes, depth is still not where we want it to be, we're still good to ok into the 2's and 3's at most positions. No, we cant drop like flies everywhere, but i think we can hold up depth wise, if need be...just cant have a disaster with injuries. We just CANNOT let anything happen to #8. That happens, we'll drop off big time!

I'm absolutely expecting to make that playoff, bar none. We are as good or better than at least 10 of those teams in front of us in the coach's poll. Going to be tough going into Athens (we play up to our potential and talent, stay poised, we can hang with them, though, imo); but, every other game, I expect to win, plain and simple.
I agree 💯….. Let’s go!!!!!

Barring major injuries 9-3 is the floor.

VN Store

Back