Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Watch the stupid *** Idiot Margin lose their pathetic little minds on Heupel if/when everything doesn't go right and we end up 8-4.

Makes me want to puke just thinking about it.
You can’t be serious right?
8-4 is a possibility but I don’t think I’m in the minority when I say that would be a disappointing end to this year. The talent and depth of this team alone is better than any I can remember in my time as a fan(circa 2010). With the pieces we have now, 8-4 should be the absolute floor this year. There’s nothing wrong with raising your expectations (to an extent of course).
• 10 wins gets you into the playoffs and would be a great year in my opinion. The recruiting advantages would be massive.
• 9 wins would be a decent year and with our schedule is very likely to happen. Just have to beat who we’re supposed to and get a big win.
• 8 wins? That most likely means that not only did we not beat any of OK, UGA or AL, it also means we probably lost to a middling team like Florida or NC State along the way. That’s disappointing to me but I would understand at the end of the day.

Barring major injuries 9-3 is the floor.
I agree, with 10-2 right there. I just believe the days of losing because we didn't play well, or just laid an egg, are over. We've entered days of if get beat, its just by better teams, or a break or two not going our way and going opponents way.

If major injuries happen, all bets are off. Just yet, we're not stacked enough to withstand dropping like flies. Have to stay relatively healthy, especially #8.

You can’t be serious right?
8-4 is a possibility but I don’t think I’m in the minority when I say that would be a disappointing end to this year. The talent and depth of this team alone is better than any I can remember in my time as a fan(circa 2010). With the pieces we have now, 8-4 should be the absolute floor this year. There’s nothing wrong with raising your expectations (to an extent of course).
• 10 wins gets you into the playoffs and would be a great year in my opinion. The recruiting advantages would be massive.
• 9 wins would be a decent year and with our schedule is very likely to happen. Just have to beat who we’re supposed to and get a big win.
• 8 wins? That most likely means that not only did we not beat any of OK, UGA or AL, it also means we probably lost to a middling team like Florida or NC State along the way. That’s disappointing to me but I would understand at the end of the day.
Don't worry, it will be "reverse psychology" at the end of the year, whenever we're sitting in the playoff.

IYKYK

Going forward this program should be at least a 9 win regular season team. Should have happened last year as well. The way they are recruiting/portaling crucial positions will have expectations where they need to be. 8 win season is a problem.
As I said, I won't be melting down, calling for heads, if we go 8-4...I'll just be very disappointed, knowing a great opportunity was missed.

It's not that hard to comprehend for most.

Last edited:
As I said, I won't be melting down, calling for heads, if we go 8-4...I'll just be very disappointed, knowing an great opportunity was missed.

It's not that hard to comprehend for most.
Yeah, if anyone here is happy with 8-4 in year 4, I don't know what to say. That's not good news at all. Only way I'd accept that is if there were massive injuries.

VN Store

Back