Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Hello regulars, I’m back. I’m talking to you Weezer, Knoxvol52, Glitch, Ulysees, TN-Possum, etc. I don’t agree with anything you say, and I know more than you about all things Tennessee. Just here to remind you. Also, I don’t watch cartoons.
I just don't know how I will able to sleep knowing that you don't agree with anything I say.

This goes with what I was saying yesterday...mentality, culture. "Iron Sharpening Iron" isn't just head-to-head, one man on one side/another man across from him...it's also seeing your peers become STUDS, and the accolades and hype that comes with that.

It's been awhile since we've had First-Team All American, Top 5-10/#1 Overall NFL Pick type dudes. Whenever your locker room becomes littered with guys like that, that hype, those accolades...seeing that and being around it, all the others want it, as well. Therefore their drive amps up, their work-ethic, their attitudes, their whole being; and, the way they go about things and carry themselves.

Jalin Hyatt talked about it. Not only was he disappointed in his Soph season, he also talked about the season Tillman had that year, busting out, and how he wanted in on that. So, he went to work, which led to him becoming the best WR in the country. Now our WR room talks about Hyatt that way. Josephs now talking about Pearce, Campbell has talked about Darnell Wright, how many bring up Hook??

Just an entirely different mindset and feel. Our players see their peers, their teammates, their brothers and friends succeeding, and they want it, too. Competition and drive, making each other better. We haven't really seen any of that in a very long time.

Whenever I say our locker room is littered with guys like that/on the brink of that: Nico, primed. Arion Carter, primed. Heard, Campbell, Spraggins - primed. And on and on. Been awhile since we've had a DB come in with the hype of Boo. All of that talent, skill, hype, shout-outs from media, preseason accolades...all of that will make everyone better; or, they'll be shown the door, or open it themselves. If that's the case, I wish them well, I do; yet, we don't want them in our locker room anyway.

And, all of this comes to a crescendo with a HC that KNOWS. WHAT. HE. IS. DOING.
Yes, we had lots of talent under Butch; but, he had no clue how to coach or handle it. Heupel most certainly does, loaded with one of the best offensive minds in the game.

KIDS. LOVE. HYPE! They love to be recognized, talked about. More and more of our players are getting that from SEC to national media, and the entire locker room will want a taste of that.

He might be a dumb azz, I don’t know, but what he said was not as dumb as saying “and then I would crush his skull” on a message board 😂
I did have to LOL at that. What a response 😅 Funny response

And while I'm probably a dumb azz, more importantly, I'm a full blown moran.

I think Gmac is a good player but by the time Nico leaves Faizon will be arriving on campus.

Will be a 3 way battle between
Merk
Gmac
Faizon

With Gmac probably not having that many reps, Faizon can easily capitalize on the QB battle. I think it comes down to Merk (if he’s still here) due to knowing the system or Faizon
Won’t agreed until Davis Saunders signs with Tennessee

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back