Recruiting Football Talk VIII

We went to visit my wife’s family for Easter the year that we got engaged. While we were there, I asked her father, mother, and both her brothers for her hand in marriage. My wife had no clue.

For months after that she kept dropping hints that I should ask her father. I told her not only no, but hell naw. No way would I do that. She got really riled up, but I wouldn’t relent. She went on about how her sister’s husband had done it and it meant a lot to her Dad. I said that Erik was weak and no way did I need permission.

When I proposed, she said yes despite being mad at me for not asking for her hand in marriage. When she called her parents to tell them, she apologized to her Dad. He asked what for? That I had asked for her hand in marriage at Easter, many months earlier.

She was a little mad, but understood that a boundary had been set.

We just celebrated our 27th anniversary. And I still do very dumbass things. 😂
So you admit to your stubborn dumbassery.

1723066017888.gif

That was so amazing. Usually when someone gets passed at the end that's it. Hocker just passed him right back.
The fact that the two main competitors were talking smack back and forth with the one indicating he was the best in the world made it all the sweeter when the American raced past them.

The fact that the two main competitors were talking smack back and forth with the one indicating he was the best in the world made it all the sweeter when the American raced past them.
You could tell the leader moved over to block the other top guy and that made room for Hocker to pass him on the inside.

I may be in the minority, but spending 100k on a wedding is absurd.

Overspending on a Wedding is ridiculous. How long does a wedding ceremony last? 10 to 15 minutes.

A small fortune was spent on my first wedding. Family went all out. We Divorced a year later.

My 2nd wife and I went down to Gatlinburg on a Saturday and spent around $200 . We've been married 26 years.

My dad offered my sister and her soon to be husband this:

He'd pay for both families..............well over 30 people.........one week anywhere...............
They get married and take their honeymoon any other place they wished.....................

SHE declined!
idiot...............

I think that's an exaggerated figure. When I see those "average cost of wedding" stats, it's always exaggerated. When we were pricing a wedding for 300 people in 2020, we were barely approaching 50k let alone 100k. And we weren't going super cheap.

Reactions: DD4ME

VN Store

Back