Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I agree, but the rest of the world is a LOT better at basketball than they were back then. I'm not in the Lebron is better than MJ camp, but it's just really tough to see comparisons about the two eras when it comes the Olympics.
1992 finals game

USA 117
Croatia 85

Croatia had 3 NBA players on their squad

Drazen Petrovic of the New Jersey Nets
Dino Radja of Boston Celtics
Toni kukoc of Chicago Bulls the next year.

There was Talented teams in 1992.

1992 finals game

USA 117
Croatia 85

Croatia had 3 NBA players on their squad

Drazen Petrovc of the New Jersey Nets
Dino Radja of Boston Celtics
Toni kukoc of Chicago Bulls the next year.

There was Talented teams in 1992.
What were the stats in the NBA of those 3 Croatian players? I'm guessing they weren't mvp candidates. Not saying they were scrubs, but international basketball is so so so much better now than it was then. We can argue what the degree of how much better, but surely you agree it's way way better now.

Different conversation. The discussion was about having enough life insurance, so the conversation was the result of an unfortunate death. Just having enough life insurance to pay off the house is not enough. There are many other expenses that my wife will incur with my 4 kids after an untimely death.
The gist of what I gleaned was one couldn’t live on $50,000 take home a year with a paid off house. $4166 a month minus $400 a month for property taxes and insurance leaves a lot of wriggle room imo. But if you can’t you can’t.

Reactions: Glitch
The gist of what I gleaned was one couldn’t live on $50,000 take home a year with a paid off house. $4166 a month minus $400 a month for property taxes and insurance leaves a lot of wriggle room imo. But if you can’t you can’t.
Many, many variables. If my wife or I had passed away in the last 6 years, we would have to spend money on childcare, which we otherwise didn’t. Those costs have gone up. Benefits or taxes taken from check. Groceries for 4 kids, extra curricular activities, home maintenance costs (I mow my own yard, but my wife wouldn’t), car note, eventual college costs. Starts to all add up.

It certainly helps later in life when you don’t have some of these costs. I want my wife and kids to continue to have our standard of living if I die. Just my preference.

All,

Know a guy who quit his job and put his side business on hold to focus all his effort on a podcast focused around the bias/misinformation and dangers inherent in our news/media space (not to say anywhere else or less mainstream is any better with how much noise and opinion is out there). Really good listen. He likely won’t be able to do it permanently unless it miraculously gathers a huge following. Please consider giving it a listen if you value advocation for objectivity in our media. If you like it, please follow and share with your peers.

Starts with coverage of the Israel hamas war and he is hoping to address more if he can keep doing it.

It took KD having an amazing game the first time, and Curry having an amazing game this time, to put down that team and Joker. Kudos to them.

Joker is a god.
Agree on all of this, but would add the USA doesn't win that game without Embiid having some clutch moments late in the 3rd and in the 4th as well. Had a stretch where he was dominant.

Reactions: drvenner

VN Store

Back