Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Just hope we come off this bye week better than we did the first one. Can't be complacent and try to sleepwalk through a game like we did with Arkansas. KY will be up for this game. We are their Super Bowl, lol. Seriously, their fans live and die for this game and hate Tennessee. They'll come in ready to punch us in the jaw. We have to be ready to hit back harder. "Send 'em back to the coal mines."
You and me both. The good news:

We are at home
We have beaten a good team
This team knows what is at stake
Nico finally hit hard throws against Bama

DK won't get real minutes again till the 4th. Imo. No one likes a rookie outshining the vets on opening day. May help my Parlay if DK is playing against a demoralized Grizz in the 4th though. In SC so won't know how the Parlay did until we get my son back home Thursday night.

We get up early for family day for my son so I will not see this one to conclusion. Have a great week guys.

Reactions: DarthVol1
CFP Management Committee decided to treat the game as a sort-of exhibition contest. If either Army or Navy wins the American Athletic Conference championship and is the highest-ranked Group of Five champion, that team will advance to the playoff, in all likelihood as the No. 12 seed, despite having another game to play six days later.
That's not quite fair imo. Why should an 11-0 AAC regular season team be preferred to a 11-1 team (if one finishes like that)? They would have more wins. And why shouldn't Army or Navy be exposed to 12 games plus a championship game (13 games) like every other conference champion?

The Dec. 6 game should be designated as a regular season game. The winner plays a conference championship game on Dec 13 like every other conference. If that turns out to be a rematch, so be it. That would make it the biggest Army-Navy classic of all time. If a different 11-1 AAC team (other than the A-N regular season loser) holds the tie-braker, don't shaft them.

An "exhibition" game is ridiculous imo. Who could find fault if the ratings approached zero? Why shouldn't every conference championship game be an "exhibition" so that the loser isn't charged with an official loss? That seems to be the real point, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: peaygolf

VN Store

Back