Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Certainly the AAC has a bylaw that should that happen then the Army Navy game would be the title game.
CFP Management Committee decided to treat the game as a sort-of exhibition contest. If either Army or Navy wins the American Athletic Conference championship and is the highest-ranked Group of Five champion, that team will advance to the playoff, in all likelihood as the No. 12 seed, despite having another game to play six days later.

The ball landed on the goal line with Squirrel running full speed. While a little bit more air could have been under it, at that point you are making it harder than it needs to be if he has to catch that in the back of the endzone.

I think the trajectory is fine. It's the fact that the DB is beat by a yard when Nico releases the ball, and 5 yards by the time the ball gets there. If Squirrel has to slow down a bit to catch it, it is still a touchdown. The ball doesn't need to be perfect and it doesn't need to be lobbed for them to run under it. I really think it's as simple as realizing in that split second that you can take a little off to make sure it's an easy ball to catch.

I think that was a big step for Hendon in year two.

Looking at the second play in this video, Hyatt here almost has to stop completely to catch this. Obviously a bit different. This is a coverage bust, not just a WR beating his man. But same principle. Hendon did this on throws all year in 2022. I think history looks back as Hendon being super accurate. I think his recognition just got to the point that he knew when we were behind the defense, take some of that velocity off and give them something easy to catch.

Needs more air under it.

Just hope we come off this bye week better than we did the first one. Can't be complacent and try to sleepwalk through a game like we did with Arkansas. KY will be up for this game. We are their Super Bowl, lol. Seriously, their fans live and die for this game and hate Tennessee. They'll come in ready to punch us in the jaw. We have to be ready to hit back harder. "Send 'em back to the coal mines."

VN Store

Back