Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Wife’s office Christmas Party seven years ago at Bob’s Steak and Chophouse. Had a bone infection and hadn’t eaten in a day and a half (which usually constricts your stomach). Ordered the 24 oz Texas Wagyu chop loaded baked potato and salad. Ate every appetizer and kept the Knob Creek Old Fashioneds coming. Ate everything including the homemade pickles and double desserts and didn’t skip any bread. Went home afterwards and slept all night with no meat sweats. Haven’t come close to matching since.
A good example of why the opposite of "garbage in / garbage out" is not necessarily true.

I’ve talked to some people and the defensive line was strong which is no shock.

The starting OL was Larry Johnson-Lampley-Mays-Sprags-Davis.

James Pearce made Davis look silly on one play according to a source in attendance.

Nathan Leacock and Ethan Davis each had nice scrimmages with Nico finding Davis for a touchdown. Those two hooked up on another big play that was called back.

Jermod McCoy had some nice plays at corner and flashed with a couple former Vols very impressed by his action.

Jordan Matthews also made a nice play on a deep ball.

DeSean Bishop started with Dylan Sampson out while Peyton Lewis ran with the 2s.

The starting linebackers were Telander and Kalib Perry. Christian Harrison started at the nickel tonight.

-AP

Didn't watch, but the fact an American didn't win tells me everything I need to know. Break dancing was invented here. The best breakers are American. Maybe they're not competing?

The good American got eliminated early and the other American I saw was not very good but got further. I didn't like the competition setup at all. Multiple groups of 4 in the initial round robin. A lot of more talented breakers were eliminated early because of the setup.

France had two that were amazing, one really badass Chinese girl, Japanese and several other Europeans....most of the European women were kids of immigrants with more melanin. I agree that the US should be better represented but the original American B-boys and girls came out of early hip hop. That element is not nearly as present and the music is the various types of bass/beat heavy techno that much of Europe loves.

I'm pulling hard for team Canada.

Whoa TMI.....this is definitely no longer a family friendly forum with degenerates like @Weezer @Glitch @TrippieRedd and the @Ulysees E. McGill and me of previous decades but nobody wants to hear about how aggressively you "pull" while watching women's beach volleyball.

That Canadian team is nice to look at, though. Usually I would expect it would be flipped and the Brazilian women would be more enjoyable.

Dude the interview with Christian Coleman after the 4 x 100 relay was awful.

The questions were out of line by Lewis Johnson.

Did you want him to throw his teammate under the bus.

Kenny clearly left too early. Geez 🙄
Ya, completely agree. You don't put a teammate in a position where he has to to either lie, throw his teammate under the bus, or awkwardly refuse to answer.

I don't understand how 99% of sports interview questions are so bad.

I finally got to see the break dancing competition and it should not be an Olympic sport.

Paris has been the weirdest Olympic games I've ever seen. It started with the opening ceremony, and then the controversy in boxing, then Snoop being Snoop, to the athletes just being sloppy in most of the events. I can't wait for it to be over.

Coming to St Thomas for a day in mid November...but I am probably going to take the Red Hook ferry over to St John and spend the day over there again though...I love St John.
That’s a nice ride over to St. John. The Rockefeller’s philanthropic buying of a good part of the island and having it turned into a national park helped insure the rural and pristine nature of the island. I’ve been there 3 times. The first time we rented a sail boat in St. Thomas and sailed over. The other 2 times we took the Ferry. Decent scuba diving, but enjoyed the snorkling more.

Didn’t get to watch all of the game yet but I see you Wright 👀

Wright breaking out in the NFL will help recruiting tremendously, especially at the RB position. He could not have gone to a more perfect situation either.

I really like JW tbh because he committed to doing what he needed to do in college to be great and now is about to stunt on 'em in the NFL because of it.

Wright breaking out in the NFL will help recruiting tremendously, especially at the RB position. He could not have gone to a more perfect situation either.

I really like JW tbh because he committed to doing what he needed to do in college to be great and now is about to stunt on 'em in the NFL because of it.

And he waited patiently for his turn. He split carries. He sat when we needed him to. He nurtured the next generation. A lot of people worried about Merk/Gmac and it’s reasons like this, of which there are plenty of examples on CJH rosters (Milton) of selflessness, that I think our roster will have relatively little transfers

VN Store

Back