Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I was wrong once before, but I don't see a plausible path to us losing the NC State game. I dont think we lose the OU game either, but that one is more of a toss up in my mind than NC State.
I don’t mean to be a downer, but if you listen to any national analysis, they’re predicting this as a sleeper week for us where preseason power ratings point to this being a 1-2 point game. They have good coaching and are a very solid squad.

That said, if Nico plays to his potential, I love our chances to win by multiple scores. But with the unknowns we have, this is widely considered a toss up. We shouldn’t be mad about this - if we win, will be a huge boon in national media coverage and will give us tons of momentum.

I think we have to beat NC State if we want the season we want. Same goes for Florida.

Those are must wins. Sure, we could recover, but losing those KILLS a lot of program momentum.
Fully agree with this. If we lose NCST we need them to be great the rest of the season. That said, the ACC is weak and they can do it by being even average.

I’ve talked to some people and the defensive line was strong which is no shock.

The starting OL was Larry Johnson-Lampley-Mays-Sprags-Davis.

James Pearce made Davis look silly on one play according to a source in attendance.

Nathan Leacock and Ethan Davis each had nice scrimmages with Nico finding Davis for a touchdown. Those two hooked up on another big play that was called back.

Jermod McCoy had some nice plays at corner and flashed with a couple former Vols very impressed by his action.

Jordan Matthews also made a nice play on a deep ball.

DeSean Bishop started with Dylan Sampson out while Peyton Lewis ran with the 2s.

The starting linebackers were Telander and Kalib Perry. Christian Harrison started at the nickel tonight.
-AP

I wonder how far Joe Milton could throw a javelin?
I posed the question to VolNation-AI which scours the site several times per second, including the archives, to amass the ultimate resource of Vol insight and intellect that has ever been posted on this website.

On that basis, VolNation-AI responded:

"What difference does it make if no one can catch it?"

Last edited:
I dont think that, I was just making fun of butch. But, I do think Chattanooga is a tougher opponent than Kent State and utep, chatt is ranking the fcs top 25 and picked to win the socon
Could be true. They are picked to win their conference.

They may not be as talented as those other two teams, but they are likely a better TEAM.

Hope they can provide some resistance. Be good for us.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I don’t mean to be a downer, but if you listen to any national analysis, they’re predicting this as a sleeper week for us where preseason power ratings point to this being a 1-2 point game. They have good coaching and are a very solid squad.

That said, if Nico plays to his potential, I love our chances to win by multiple scores. But with the unknowns we have, this is widely considered a toss up. We shouldn’t be mad about this - if we win, will be a huge boon in national media coverage and will give us tons of momentum.
If Nico plays to his potential and our d-line is great we'll whoop them.

They need to be able to block us and need Nico to not be ready yet.

VN Store

Back