Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Have a former co worker who involved with the Olympic Cycling program. ETSU's cycling program (along with King & Milligan) are nationally recognized.

Specifically King & Milligan often recruit themselves. Anyway, former co worker is now involved in Olympic BMX training. I assure you, those are Olympic athletes.

Other stuff I agree completely.

Edit: Nantahala Outdoor Center hosts a series of Eco Adventure Marathon/Triathalons. River swimming/MTB/Trail Running.

Id pay to see that happen.
I'm talking about the individuals doing the bike tricks not the actual BMX racers.

Breakdancing, Trampoline, skateboarding and the BMX stuff shouldn't be Olympic events to start with. We can thank Tony Hawk for this crappola.
Actually, you can thank France for breakdancing being an Olympic sport as they picked it to be included. Gymnastics is a core sport and trampoline is encompassed in that, hence its inclusion.

For baseball make it U23 so its basically the best college players in the country. I'm fine with keeping judo along with wrestling and boxing but it looks like this will be the last Olympics with boxing for a while. Breakdancing shouldn't be in the Olympics. Not a fan of equestrian being there. Pickleball will be an Olympic sport before too long imo.
I just think judo should be combined into a combat sports category that includes Taekwondo and other martial arts. Almost like an Olympics UFC. Boxing and wrestling should stay. Definitely freestyle wrestling should stay. Not as sure about Greco-Roman wrestling. No kind of dancing as a sport. Maybe add something with rollerblades? If you're going to have horses, it should involve racing, not just prancing around. Motorcross might be fun to add. There needs to be a drive to make sports more entertaining at the Olympics.

August 11, 1991
The birth of a true legend!

"He was a 25-year-old blond guy, an unknown rookie golfer from the University of Arkansas. He was a last-minute, late-night drive-in for the next morning's PGA Championship at Crooked Stick Golf Club in Carmel.

It was a tournament John Daly didn't think he would be playing in. He was the ninth alternate.

But the golf gods were with him as the other eight alternates dropped out. Daly was a player who came in that first day — not even getting a chance to practice on the infamously tough Pete Dye course, 7,289 yards, the second longest in PGA history — and he shot a 69.

On the second and third days, he was the pudgy character people started noticing as he smashed the ball, tearing up the course Jack Nicklaus said after three practice rounds was the most difficult he had ever played.

As that PGA Championship at Crooked Stick unfolded in August 1991, a growing legion of supporters awestruck and flabbergasted, lined each hole like a parade route. They roared and gave Daly ovations at every green. Who was this guy, this guy that looked like he could be a used-car salesman, a bookie, a jovial uncle, that was taking over this competition of elite, seasoned pros.

That was it. Those long shots, the shots that eventually earned Daly the nickname Long John. They mesmerized people who watched.

And on Aug. 11, 1991, that blond bomber from Arkansas mesmerized and shocked the golf world: He won the PGA title.

"This is like a miracle," Daly said after draining a four-foot par putt on the final hole.

1723385163868.png

Baseball probably college players, MLB will not stop mid season to play in the Olympics. Actually USA already plays other countries in baseball every 2 years, it's called the World Baseball Classic in March .
Baseball use to be an olympic sport… They took it out to make it more “inclusive”.

Exactly, so Olympic baseball would have to do what soccer does for the Olympics. Since the World Cup is bigger (and World Baseball Classic is bigger) you'd have to make a unique circumstance for the Olympics. Soccer does U23 with 3 older players. Baseball could do something similar.

You could field a pretty good team with that year's college All-Americans.
That's my feeling on baseball. I think major league teams would be okay with draftees missing a little time in the minors to play in the Olympics.

VN Store

Back