Recruiting Football Talk VIII

44 silver and 42 bronze. We had our shots to win a lot more gold medals.
Got a gold in omnium. If we can get gold in wrestling and wbb, we win the gold medal count.

Edit: got silver in wrestling, all we can do is tie if wbb wins today

They definitely need to make some adjustments to the Olympics. Baseball and softball should be brought back, even if our MLB players aren't going to play. Imagine if this Olympics had baseball and they just sent the Vols (as CWS champs) to represent the US? Also, less ping pong. I'm good with more X games type stuff being added. No more Taekwondo and Judo and whatever combat sports other than wrestling and boxing as individual categories. It should be wrestling, boxing, and hand-to-hand combat. Do we really need equestrian events? If we're going to have them, then they should be some type of racing. I'm not even sure what the hell "dressage" is, but I don't like it. Bring back chariot races. That would be entertaining. No to break dancing, no to ballroom dancing, no to dancing. But maybe add bowling. If we can have curling in the winter Olympics, the summer games should have bowling. And why ping pong but no pool/billiards? We really need to start assessing just how entertaining some of these "sports" are.
For baseball make it U23 so its basically the best college players in the country. I'm fine with keeping judo along with wrestling and boxing but it looks like this will be the last Olympics with boxing for a while. Breakdancing shouldn't be in the Olympics. Not a fan of equestrian being there. Pickleball will be an Olympic sport before too long imo.

Well, now the IOC is taking medals away from the US on "technicalities". When we do tie China for the most golds, some random gold medal we won will be stripped from our athlete because they or their coach didn't follow some random arbitrary unenforceable rule and will give the US gold to some other athlete as a display that they are in charge and we better just listen.

Well, now the IOC is taking medals away from the US on "technicalities". When we do tie China for the most golds, some random gold medal we won will be stripped from our athlete because they or their coach didn't follow some random arbitrary unenforceable rule and will give the US gold to some other athlete as a display that they are in charge and we better just listen.
Oh lord. Now VN is letting the debates with the IOC. Fantastic.

For baseball make it U23 so its basically the best college players in the country. I'm fine with keeping judo along with wrestling and boxing but it looks like this will be the last Olympics with boxing for a while. Breakdancing shouldn't be in the Olympics. Not a fan of equestrian being there. Pickleball will be an Olympic sport before too long imo.
Baseball probably college players, MLB will not stop mid season to play in the Olympics. Actually USA already plays other countries in baseball every 2 years, it's called the World Baseball Classic in March .

It's called Rules. The coach should've been quicker than 64 seconds.

Reactions: crazyguy
Boxing should NOT be dropped IMO.
Boxing getting dropped has more to do with corruption within the boxing organizations (specifically IBA) than the legitimacy of the sport. The IBA has fabricated failed drug tests, failed gender tests, made actions to benefit Russian boxers, have banned Ukrainian boxers from competing and were trying to ban Ukrainians from the Olympics before the IOC dropped IBA from governing the event. The IBA is headquartered in Russia with an entirely Russian board and presided over by a personal friend of Putin who appointed him.

Baseball probably college players, MLB will not stop mid season to play in the Olympics. Actually USA already plays other countries in baseball every 2 years, it's called the World Baseball Classic in March .
Exactly, so Olympic baseball would have to do what soccer does for the Olympics. Since the World Cup is bigger (and World Baseball Classic is bigger) you'd have to make a unique circumstance for the Olympics. Soccer does U23 with 3 older players. Baseball could do something similar.

You could field a pretty good team with that year's college All-Americans.

Breakdancing, Trampoline, skateboarding and the BMX stuff shouldn't be Olympic events to start with. We can thank Tony Hawk for this crappola.
Have a former co worker who involved with the Olympic Cycling program. ETSU's cycling program (along with King & Milligan) are nationally recognized.

Specifically King & Milligan often recruit themselves. Anyway, former co worker is now involved in Olympic BMX training. I assure you, those are Olympic athletes.

Other stuff I agree completely.

Edit: Nantahala Outdoor Center hosts a series of Eco Adventure Marathon/Triathalons. River swimming/MTB/Trail Running.

Id pay to see that happen.

VN Store

Back