Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I, too, am not an insider, and I have no percentages to give, but with who we already have committed, this is what I feel we still need.

1 RB (We seem to be working a few guys, most notably the previously mentioned Morris)
1 TE (Hopefully the previously mentioned Brame)
2 OT (Hopefully Sanders is one, then one more)
1 LB (Hopefully Perlotte flips)
1 DL (Not sure who here, but hopefully RG finds another one he likes)
1 Edge (Again, no idea who)
1 CB (Konanbanny)

Of course, it's possible we don't fill all these needs with high school guys. Always a chance we go portal.

DT looking like Darrion smith and that would be big. Due for a 4* bump

So. I’m not an insider, by any means. But I follow recruiting closely. This is my assessment for class close as of today:
100% - 4⭐️ TE - Brame
+90% - 4⭐️ CB - Konanbanny
85% - 5⭐️ OT - Sanders
66% - 4⭐️ LB - Perlotte
33% - 3/4⭐️ RB - Morris

Surprises that are not expected:
<33% Petty, Gaston, Sparks

Likelihood of at least (1) unidentified “Arion Carter type of prospect” between now and signing day: 75%.

2026, anytime:
+90% 5⭐️ QB - Brandon
+90% 4⭐️ TE - Sneed

GB🍊
Darrion smith looking like this years carter

Well, the wife and I are shopping for a new large screen TV for our main living room. Went to Best Buy and BJ's in Mt. Juliet yesterday. We are zeroing in on a 75 inch LG we saw at BJ's yesterday on sale for $749.88 . Any of you tech savvy guys have any opinions/thoughts or other recommendations? We do want to stay below $800

View attachment 662391
Think I mentioned that my daughter is going to UGA in the fall. Very proud of her.

Walked through the bookstore at orientation and noticed their mannequins were all showing the all-important consideration of “fit while in handcuffs”.
Can’t believe you’d let her do such a thing!!

On 28 July 1945, 20-year-old Betty Lou Oliver plunged 75 storeys (around 300 m or 1,000 ft) in an elevator down New York City’s Empire State Building, after an American B-25 bomber plane crashed into it. Betty’s descent down what was then the world’s tallest building ended in the basement, where she had to be cut out of the mangled elevator.

Miraculously, Betty didn’t die, although she did suffer a broken neck, back, and pelvis.

The catastrophe was caused by 27-year-old Lieutenant Colonel William F. Smith, a decorated fighter pilot who had served in the war in Europe, which had been over for almost three months. He was carrying out a basic mission, transporting army personnel from Massachusetts to Newark Metropolitan Airport in New Jersey, but once he got to New York he made a fatal error. The city was swept with thick fog, and rather than turning left after the Chrysler Building, Smith mistakenly turned right, bringing him directly over midtown Manhattan.

George A. Mount, a manager at the elevator company who inspected the site afterwards, said the elevator shaft’s concrete floor was “crushed like an eggshell”. All six cables to which the cab was attached were snapped, and the automatic braking cable was also destroyed, meaning it fell without any braking system at all.

What likely saved Betty’s life was the elevator being slowed down by air pressure within the relatively airtight shaft, in addition to the impact at the bottom being cushioned by severed cables piling up in a spring-like spiral on the floor.

1722171150763.png

Well, the wife and I are shopping for a new large screen TV for our main living room. Went to Best Buy and BJ's in Mt. Juliet yesterday. We are zeroing in on a 75 inch LG we saw at BJ's yesterday on sale for $749.88 . Any of you tech savvy guys have any opinions/thoughts or other recommendations? We do want to stay below $800
Are you dead set on a 75"?

I just bought the 55" version of this and it's excellent: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55...-smart-google-tv-2024/6579459.p?skuId=6579459

The 75" is out of your price range but the 65" is $700. The miniLED panel is very close to OLED (I have an LG OLED and they look quite similar).

This is also a good 75" option in your price range, but it doesn't have as many features as the TCL I linked: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hisens...cmp=RMX&nrtv_cid=.nrtv_plchldr.&skuId=6541868

I’m pretty loyal to samsung and sony for TVs

I purchased a 85" Samsung at WalMart for $1150 last week. Probably got ripped off but the I enjoy it so far..
which one? to me samsung comes down to RAM. I'm a huge fan of Samsung, so dont take this incorrectly.

I think you're paying for one of three things.

Display - which Samsung makes
Lighting of said display
Ability of processing system to handle OS

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
Watching US vs ITA water polo match. First of all, who thought soccer in water was a good idea. Soccer was boring enough already. Second, all they do is try to drown each other for a minute or two and then someone comes out of the water long enough to throw the ball towards the goal. Thirdly, they definitely have SEC refs calling the game cause they hate the US.

On my way to the pre-Sergeant’s Major course that they hold for the reserves and guard. 2 day course in Arkansas. I was planning to retire (I have 23 year in) but they finally gave me a course seat so I can get promoted. Just gotta give them 4 more years. Not bad for 90% disabled vet who is still in. I should have my 100% by the time I retire and I’ll pursue a medical retirement. #oldbrokenNCOproblems

Watching US vs ITA water polo match. First of all, who thought soccer in water was a good idea. Soccer was boring enough already. Second, all they do is try to drown each other for a minute or two and then someone comes out of the water long enough to throw the ball towards the goal. Thirdly, they definitely have SEC refs calling the game cause they hate the US.
We know deep down inside that you enjoyed watching all those athletes in their speedos.

On my way to the pre-Sergeant’s Major course that they hold for the reserves and guard. 2 day course in Arkansas. I was planning to retire (I have 23 year in) but they finally gave me a course seat so I can get promoted. Just gotta give them 4 more years. Not bad for 90% disabled vet who is still in. I should have my 100% by the time I retire and I’ll pursue a medical retirement. #oldbrokenNCOproblems
Congrats! I am giving them 14 more months and I am done. Can't wait.

VN Store

Back