Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Congrats! I am giving them 14 more months and I am done. Can't wait.
Gotta try to max that retirement. If I make it to 60, I’ll have 3 pensions (VA disability, military pension, and a fat Roth 401k from my civilian job) them when I’m 100 I’ll collect SS if it’s still there. Plan on retiring in East Tennessee so I can terrorize all yall as a grumpier and older man than what I am now.

Happy Sunday

July 28, 2024: There are challenges that you must work your way through, but it is My desire that you confront those issues without getting into conflict. Refuse to play the blame game, but rather seek to find what it is in yourself that needs to be brought into divine order. Only through maintaining peace will you gain the understanding necessary to overcome. Titus 3:9-11 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and striving about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, knowing that such a person is warped and sinning being self-condemned.

Happy Sunday

July 28, 2024: There are challenges that you must work your way through, but it is My desire that you confront those issues without getting into conflict. Refuse to play the blame game, but rather seek to find what it is in yourself that needs to be brought into divine order. Only through maintaining peace will you gain the understanding necessary to overcome. Titus 3:9-11 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and striving about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, knowing that such a person is warped and sinning being self-condemned.
Great reminder. Thank you!

Gotta try to max that retirement. If I make it to 60, I’ll have 3 pensions (VA disability, military pension, and a fat Roth 401k from my civilian job) them when I’m 100 I’ll collect SS if it’s still there. Plan on retiring in East Tennessee so I can terrorize all yall as a grumpier and older man than what I am now.
I can draw my military pension in a little over 10 years when I turn 55. I could probably live off of that alone but will have a little disability and civilian retirement to go along with it. I plan to stay here in Middle TN because I hate moving.

For those individuals that have Xfinity/Comcast, they have almost come to a new contract with Bally Sports. So you can watch your Braves next season.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
On 28 July 1945, 20-year-old Betty Lou Oliver plunged 75 storeys (around 300 m or 1,000 ft) in an elevator down New York City’s Empire State Building, after an American B-25 bomber plane crashed into it. Betty’s descent down what was then the world’s tallest building ended in the basement, where she had to be cut out of the mangled elevator.

Miraculously, Betty didn’t die, although she did suffer a broken neck, back, and pelvis.

The catastrophe was caused by 27-year-old Lieutenant Colonel William F. Smith, a decorated fighter pilot who had served in the war in Europe, which had been over for almost three months. He was carrying out a basic mission, transporting army personnel from Massachusetts to Newark Metropolitan Airport in New Jersey, but once he got to New York he made a fatal error. The city was swept with thick fog, and rather than turning left after the Chrysler Building, Smith mistakenly turned right, bringing him directly over midtown Manhattan.

George A. Mount, a manager at the elevator company who inspected the site afterwards, said the elevator shaft’s concrete floor was “crushed like an eggshell”. All six cables to which the cab was attached were snapped, and the automatic braking cable was also destroyed, meaning it fell without any braking system at all.

What likely saved Betty’s life was the elevator being slowed down by air pressure within the relatively airtight shaft, in addition to the impact at the bottom being cushioned by severed cables piling up in a spring-like spiral on the floor.

View attachment 662394
Not going to lie, I would never ride an elevator again and you would need to burn everything I was wearing😱

Last edited:
@Glitch and for those who retarred of their own volition. Really, kudos. That's the dream.

Father time @BaldBiker silver spoons @InVOLuntary and to all senior citizens

work has me in West Virginia this weekView attachment 662408
😜🤪
I am still working. Still got 2.8 kids to get through college. Retirement is a long ways off for me. Very glad we had our kids when we were young. I will still be able to enjoy my retirement years a little.

VN Store

Back